Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Importing operation problem

Alien

disable duplicate tool in the impot toolpath dialog. that may help. Not sure if it should be checked or un checked. Watch your tools coolants as well. When I do this it likes to turn off my coolants.. Mastercam has a lot to do with making this import export function to work corerectly. Very hit and miss when it works. I crash my system a lot of times using it... Kind of gotten away from it because of all the bugs......Good luck

It also gives you different feeds and speeds randomly no matter if locks feed rates

is checked.

Always double checked your rigid tapping feeds and speeds.

I never change my settings but as stated it is hit and miss, 9th out of 10 can

get ya, so dbl check always.

disable duplicate tool in the impot toolpath dialog. that may help. Not sure if it should be checked or un checked. Watch your tools coolants as well. When I do this it likes to turn off my coolants.. Mastercam has a lot to do with making this import export function to work corerectly. Very hit and miss when it works. I crash my system a lot of times using it... Kind of gotten away from it because of all the bugs......Good luck

Hi,

The function "Check duplicate tool number" was unselected. All operations and their geometry, speed, feed and coolant imported correctly. Problem only with multiplication of tools.

I see, that in the imported file I have five operations with same tool, and X7 creates new tool for each operation.

Why? I don't know. May be this is one of Mcam bugs.

Thank for help.

Sincerely,

Michael.

Its not a bug, its a setting. And if your settings are wrong, it will reproduce back several versions of MasterCam.

Ok,

Thank you for answer.

As I understand, you know how and which setting adjust for correct working. Please tell me to.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Michael.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Once again another bug. I am doing a family of parts that are almost identical. I just wanted to import the toolpath operations to apply to each part in the family. I have about 60 operations using the same tool. When I import the operations it brings in 60 of the same tool. I have my config set to use existing tools and have duplicate tool checking enabled. I have tried saving the operations as *.ops and importing the toolpath directly from the file. Same thing. So once again here I am back pedaling to get my work done. I am using X7 SP2.

Well fortunately for me I AM stubborn enough to keep beating my head against a brick wall. I guess that is why I keep using Mastercam. Anyhow I figured out that it is only the legacy style toolpaths that do no have a treesstyle interface that bring in the duplicate tools. When I selected the treestyle ops and imported them, no duplicates. When I import the legacy toolpaths I get duplicates everytime.