Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Enhancement Idea! Edit ALL work offsets

Chris Rizzo

I agree. It is a pain to change the offset on multiple views, especially if they have toolpaths associated with them. Change the offset, hit ENTER twenty times, change the next offset, hit ENTER twenty times etc.

And yeah, that warning is an annoyance. I rarely program a rotary job with more than one offset.

Guys,

For any enhancement please submit to QC (adding a link to the relevant post on this site).

The more requests cnc get the better. Just because an idea gets everyone +1ing on here doesn't mean cnc acts because they only work on submissions to QC (unfortunately).

Chris,

I was told via email from QC that not many people at CNC have access or actually visit/read what's here.

If that's the case (and I do find it amazing if true as this forum is THE mcam forum) then a separate email/request is what the product managers use to determine if a feature should be added.

One email with a 1000 people here saying +1, won't have anywhere near the sway of 1000 people bombarding cnc with the same request.

That is my understanding, but perhaps *someone* from cnc could confirm/deny/or say nothing...

:cheers:

I just wonder how a feature that is not in all operations is going to get handled on the "Edit Common Parameters" when those parameters are not common to all paths?

The WCS one would be nice, steep and shallow, doesn't seem like it fits the niche of common parameters

Yes newbie you are correct

Enhancements can a long time to impliment.

There is an enhancement forum that is supposed to be monitored by CNC.

Rick,

By memory the email/reply I got from QC said that it wasn't specifically monitored.

And to be honest, on the enhancement forum there is a lot of really good ideas that make sense and would save everyone time.

It shouldn't take a long time to implement good ideas.....or to re-phrase, I personally think more priority should be given to them.

Nope, you make a new one, unless when you define it you created it using the geometry method, then you can transform your geometry and it will move the WCS

Nope, you make a new one, unless when you define it you created it using the geometry method, then you can transform your geometry and it will move the WCS

This. I make a wireframe gnomon for each WCS I'm going to use. That way it comes out on the setup sheet, and if I move or rotate it everything will still match.

@JParis

@Matthew

Thanks for the reply, Yeah, I figured that way, does it not seem strange that a WCS cannot be edited? Maybe like a Dynamic XForm type of dialog.

I agree and I've always agreed with this, I am just pointing out what currently works