Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X6 Machine Simulation Help

Rotary Ninja

I have no insight nor control in that sphere, but I'm going to guess not... One of the big reasons we can release HLE is the lock down that happens to the data inside.. It's really not worth the effort to try to lock down all of the ways you can get data out of Mach Sim (nor all the work that could mess up everything it "touches", so I think the easier solution was to simply limit the data you could put into it..

• 4 months later...

Hi Kevin,

Been playing around with the Machine Simulation setup for a HAAS VF2 and VF3. Somehow, the STL files I've created for this machine gets scaled down to a metric environnement, ie, for example, the machine housing looks very very small in comparaison to the part, tool and fixture. Tried recreating the STL files and bingo, everything looks great. Didn't change any settings or units in the Mastercam file for the STL creation. Does anybody know why the machine stl elements would be scaled down to metric .... or how they should be done in the first place? Had the same problem with the VF3 simulation models.

If I can sort this out to make it bullet proof, I don't mind putting them up on the FTP site for everyone to use.

Regards,

Luc