Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fadal EMC

tonyb

Well might think about a refrub or a used for the money and get a bigger machine with better speeds and feed capability. I would say think easy gentle cuts dont want to be in a hurry and not really care about having any more capabilty than that then ok but with the new taxes laws out there any machine purchase over a certain amount you can write of 60% of the machine frist year. I here people talk about the Haas mini mill and also people talk about protecks.

Crazy Millman

[ 09-16-2003, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: Crazy Millman ]

Personally I'd go for the Haas VF-1 over a Fadal any day. Bigger machine, more power, faster axis speeds, and Fadal controls leave much to be desired, IMO. I have been working recently with a new Haas VF2SS and the machine performance is pretty good. If possible, I'd go with the side mount toolchanger with any Haas as it blows away the carousel-style.

C

[ 09-17-2003, 07:24 AM: Message edited by: chris m ]

I looked into Fadals when I was purchasing machines a few months back. STAY away. They just are not worth the money you will spend. I understand that you may know the control and you like it, but times definitley need to change. If you are going for a low-end machine, go HAAS. Even if you are doing small parts, I would still go with HAAS.

The Haas mini mill has too little Z travel go for the vf1 if you want a Haas. Personally I would definately look at the Milltronics. I personally prefer their controller to the Haas and definately the Fadal. It gives you program restarts where you can actually make changes, peck tapping, and a dry run graphical backplot. They also have a mini that has closer to 20" of Z travel but again If your going to spend that much they have a machine with more travel for not much more money just like the Haas mini to the vf1. I have also heard some good comments on fryer (sp) from a few people that were currently running fadals. I don't know anything about them personally. I would assume you have a machine tool vendor for all of the above "price competetive" machines. Check them all out and make your own decision. Most of these machines come in box way and linear bearing configurations, for aluminum I would opt for the linear bearings myself.

good luck,