Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Travel limits

tsaladyga

How does it know where you're placing the part inside of the machine travel? Answer is... it doesn't :)

We model every thing based off machine zero and I know a lot of people do as well. Especially for HMC's. So in those cases it does. I too would be interested in a way to get automatic warning if over travel.

Mike

I don't understand why after all these X versions Mastercam hasn't come up with a Lathe for Mach Sim. It really sucks to have to pay another company 50,000 for a stupid verification software when Mastercam should be able to do it with in the software. As far as where does the part know where it is? If you're using a lathe such as I want to, the part is gonna be at the same place everytime correct? We have Z zero at the face of the chuck and if you do it that way, all the travel comes from the gauge line.

Thanks guys, I will mull this over and see if I can come up with a solution. I think it's time to get the boys from CNC software to realize that turning is as important as everything else. Maybe they can come up with a standard 2 axis horizontal and Vertical Mach Sim.