Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 Verify issues

I just started using X7 and I really like a lot of the new features. However verify is giving me some issues. The main issue is a long lag time up to 30 for verify to launch. I get the message "processing nci data" and the verify screen is frozen for up to 30 seconds. This time increases if I use a saved STL file and it also increases when I add more tool paths. Is anyone else experiencing this or does anyone know of a fix.

Other general questions I have about the new verify interface are:

How do I designate a solid model as a fixture.

How do I make the left over stock one color for each tool.

What is the recommended precision setting.

What are the recommended settings for moves before and moves after.

If I get three monitors can I have my op manager and level manager on one monitor, my mastercam workspace on one monitor, and dock verify and backplot on it's own monitor

Thanks in advance

As for the lag at startup, I can't really help, mine is never more than like 6 seconds.

I don't know how to designate a fixture, but there must be a way because there is a checkbox to toggle on or off the display....

For the lefover stock one color for each tool, on the Home tab, push the button for "color loop" (change the settings by going to, file, options, graphics.

I jack my precision settings all the way up, you could keep it low (speed things up a bit maybe?) then just use accurate zoom when you need it.

Yes, you can move verify to a different monitor (it works with 2 monitors, not sure about 3).

K2csq7

Thanks for the info. What are your computer specs. I'm starting to think my lag issues may be caused by my computer. It originally came with 32 bit XP and I upgraded it to windows 7 64 bit to try to save the company some money. I have a Dell M6600 lap top that was out performing this computer with X6. I also have MCX5 and MCX6 installed along with MCX7. Maybe that is an issue. Anyway I'll try your suggestions.

Thanks again

Is there a way to make the X7 verify more like the X6 verify?

I machine a lot of weldments, so I have to make a stock model for each and every one to ensure I don't miss any machining. I like to verify in X6, then compare.

X7 verify is useless in my opinion. Perhaps I have some settings wrong, but I don't want to "accurate zoom" when verifying. I want to be able to roll my mousewheel in and out on details to VERIFY that stock is getting removed where and in the manner that I have meant to program.

I can't stand X7 verify and won't be using X7 unless it gets cleaned up or simplified.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

K2csq7

Thanks for the info. What are your computer specs. I'm starting to think my lag issues may be caused by my computer. It originally came with 32 bit XP and I upgraded it to windows 7 64 bit to try to save the company some money. I have a Dell M6600 lap top that was out performing this computer with X6. I also have MCX5 and MCX6 installed along with MCX7. Maybe that is an issue. Anyway I'll try your suggestions.

Thanks again

I have a M6600

i7 with 2.5GHz

16GB Ram

I don't want to "accurate zoom" when verifying. I want to be able to roll my mousewheel in and out on details to VERIFY that stock is getting removed where and in the manner that I have meant to program.

You don't have to accurate zoom.... unless you want to see the scallops leftover from your 3/16" ball end mill..... or you could zoom out and accurate zoom the whole thing! :w00t: Then it would take about the same amount of time to verify as X6 did.

I was having some serious lag issues with X7 verify and realized I was running it off the integrated graphics on my laptop instead of the Nvidia GPU. I made the change and all my lag issues vanished (shocking!) hahaha.

Oh btw...I'm running Windows 8 Pro 64bit on a Dell M4700 laptop.

Jay and gcode

Thanks for the info. I checked my screen settings and disable hardware acceleration was not checked and open GL was checked. I also installed SP2 this morning and it doesn't seem to help the lag issues. I just had to go back and open an X5 file with MCX5 and it verified really fast. I'd like to get these issues fixed with X7 because I really like it aside from poor performance with verify.