Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Selecting Solids

drafting3

Working on an injection mold design.

I'm trying to boolean remove some cores to create a cavity in my A plate. The problem is the cores are inside the plate, and they share a flush face.

I cannot select the solids on the inside.

I've ran into this many times before, but surely there is a better way to fix it than redraw every core so it protrudes out of the target solid.

Help?

nope. masking gets disabled as soon as it's time to select the tool body solids.

really, mastercam should ignore the plate, as it's already selected as my target, and would never then be selected as my tool.

this should be fixed.

any other ideas?

solids have to be on separate layers, and you can shut those off in the middle of a selection.

annoying, because all that geometry was being used for the same model, so i had it on the same layer.

I moved all the tool bodies to another layer and it worked. definitely a workaround. this should be fixed.

There is a button near the right hand side of the "general selection" ribbon bar called Toggle Verify Selection. Turn that on and select one of the overlapping solids - you'll then be able to switch between the solids before confirming which one you want. Remember to turn it off again when you've finished with it or the little confirmation box will keep coming up and get very annoying! (because it works with all types of geometry and not just solids)

There is a button near the right hand side of the "general selection" ribbon bar called Toggle Verify Selection. Turn that on and select one of the overlapping solids - you'll then be able to switch between the solids before confirming which one you want. Remember to turn it off again when you've finished with it or the little confirmation box will keep coming up and get very annoying! (because it works with all types of geometry and not just solids)

that is perfect! exactly what i needed :)

thank you many times over.