Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

ISCAR libary Dynamic toolpath Slide Bar feed/speeds Tip

brandon b

Anyone use this or know it exists? I was told about it yesterday at a mastercam event. Checked it out this morning at the shop. Its a slide bar style calculator for figuring speeds and feeds for dynamic toolpaths.

Select the ISCAR tool library then go to the parameters page of a dynamic toolpath and theres a slide bar on the tool page and where the stepover controls are thers a drop down for 5,7 and 10% stepovers.

Theres always something new to learn in MC. I never would have came across this setting on my own. This is why I like going thru the fourm and talking to as many people as I can. I got a lot of good info yesterday from both the sandivik and MC guys.

Just asked whats a good staring point for stepover feeds and speeds with a dynamic path. that's when I was told just use the Iscar library...

It's in x7. I think it's in 5 and 6 also. Just open iscar library and then go to a cut parameters page on a dynamic tool path. You'll see a slide bar by your feed and speed And on the step over tab you'll see a step over percentage drop down box. With 5 7 or 10% step over

WOW! I got a machine limit alarm! I didn't even hurt the part or the machine! Would this thing get mad if it found out I was using a Mitsubishi Ajax High Feed Cutters?? :vava:

P.S. That would be kuhl If I could surface with the profile of the Ajax inserts! :pc: CH1P

"P.S. That would be kuhl If I could surface with the profile of the Ajax inserts!"

I've done that quite often for roughing. Program it to the theoretical radius of a bull mill. The value is stated in the Mitsubishi literature that came with the tool. You could also make a custom tool but IMO, it.s not worth it. Search the forum for the AJX or feed mills as I know this was covered in much greater detail before.

I hear ya.... I'm playing around with what's efficient to what cost effective. Everyone has indexable ball cutters. Those seem to be more sensitive to material condition (minimun seems to be best). The ajax doesn't seem to care if its full diameter or .010 to clean up.

P.S. I'd rather spread rumors that I watch country with Reese Witherspoon than waste time on R. and D. for someone elses benefit. It's really competitive out there. Iscar-KENNEMETAL-Sandvik-MITSUBISHI all have quality tools. This project is really taking its toll!!