Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post output question...

tmachine

I am trying to change the tooltable to output something other than T1, T2 etc. I would like to change it to :Tool1, Tool2 etc. The reason for this is when I search for a tool at the machine it always stops at the comments at the top of the program instead of finding the start of that tool.

Anyway, I have played around with the tooltable area in mpmaster.pst, but the *t statement seems to be a numeric value and I don't see where it picks up the "T" from.

If someone could explain how to make this change I would greatly appreciate it.

Here is the code area that I refer to:

if t >= zero,

[

if tcr>0, "(", *t, ptspace, "|", plistcomm, "|", *tlngno, phspace, "|", *tloffno, pdspace, " | ", *tldia, punit, pdiamspc, " | ", *tcr, " | ", popnote, ")"

if tcr=0, "(", *t, ptspace, "|", plistcomm, "|", *tlngno, phspace, "|", *tloffno, pdspace, " | ", *tldia, punit, pdiamspc, " | ", " | ", popnote, ")"

]

If the control is indeed a Mitsubishi Meldas 5000C (dated around 1980) then I don't believe the search will remain open. IE: (any incident becomes the only incident). Computing and controls are vastly improved today.

I might suggest only using line numbering at the actual tool change commands; this way you can search an "N" number easily and edit or resume from a desireable point within your program.

Sorry if I'm off on a tangent regarding to your question.

cheers.gif

Regards, Jack

Thanks Jack, mine are 1997 and 1998 models. When doing a search in the editor, it will go to the next occurance just by pressing search again. But not when I am trying to start somewhere in the middle of the program. What I do now is go into the editor and find the block number and then enter it. Works, but I would prefer to modify the post output. I could also delete the comments before sending to the machine, but I like the output from mpmaster.pst

Well this is what I could do and here is what I came up with.

code:

(TOOL1  |  1/8 CENTERDRILL          | H0  | D0  | D0.1250"  |         | DRILL/CBORE)

(TOOL2 | 1/4 CENTERDRILL | H2 | D2 | D0.2500" | | DRILL/CBORE)

(TOOL3 | 1/2 CENTERDRILL | H3 | D3 | D0.5000" | | DRILL/CBORE)

(OVERALL MAX | Z2.)

(OVERALL MIN | Z0.)

N10 G00 G17 G20 G40 G49 G80 G90

N20 (DRILL)

N30 TOOL1 M06 ( 1/8 CENTERDRILL)

N40 (MAX | Z2.)

N50 (MIN | Z.5)

N60 G00 G90 G54 X-.928 Y-.8079 A60. S2139 M03

N70 G43 H0 Z2. M08

N80 G98 G81 Z.5 R.7 F1.03

N90 G80 M09

N100 M05

N110 G91 G28 Z0.

N120 M01

N130 TOOL2 M06 ( 1/4 CENTERDRILL)

N140 (MAX | Z2.)

N150 (MIN | Z0.)

And here is how I did it.

code:

# --------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Toolchange / NC output Variable Formats

# --------------------------------------------------------------------------

fmt TOOL 4 t #Tool No

fmt TOOL 4 first_tool #First Tool Used

fmt TOOL 4 next_tool #Next Tool Used

All of the TOOL were T just change that. I am not sure if your machine will run that way but will output every toolchange like that.

Also for a forum tip if you look at how this came out. If you use the code button in the UBB code it will keep it just like you see it in the post processor.

I hope that helps CRazy Millman

There are many things you can do to get the post to output what you want, the tool table post block actually contains several different versions of output which can be activated or deactivated by adding or removing the # symbol at the begining of the line(s) (The # symbol tells MP to ignore everything to the right of it). In your case, I would most likely simply modify the lines that are actually being output. First, find the variable formatting section (the area with the lines that start with fmt) and add the following to the bottom of that area :

code:

fmt  TOOL 4 tool    #Tool number output for tool table

then go to the ptooltable post block and add a line which says tool = t at the top of the postblock area (right above the tnote = t line). Now modify the line being output (the one without the #) by changing the *t to *tool.

I just want to note that the lines commented out already allow for a couple of different styles of output for the tooltable. In the case of the tnote = t, this variable is also used in the ptoolcomment postblock. You could simply comment out the lines currently being used and uncomment the lines outputting this value (which would give you the TOOL - # as opposed to the TOOL# which is what you asked for. You could also use this and change the format statement for tnote :

code:

fmt "TOOL - "       4   tnote       # Note format

to

code:

fmt TOOL       4   tnote       # Note format

(the quotes are needed to include the spaces in the original declaration - you wouldn't need them now). The problem here is that the ptoolcomment line would also output the same thing instead of the TOOL - # which is output now. This is why I went with the declaration of another variable instead. There are other methods to achieve what you want including using the result = nwadrs(,) function, but there really isn't any need to overcomplicate things here.

hope this helps...

You're welcome, modifications like this are pretty easy to accomplish and one of the things that make Mastercam such a nice piece of software to use. The addition of this end-user forum also adds a lot to the software package in that it gives the average joe the chance to learn a bit and do things that he would not be able to do without paying someone. Ok, now back to my paying customers....

cheers.gif