Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

print apt point values

kkominiarek

I scanned the forum, and I don't think this is possible....but here I go.

I have 64 pts, all different xyz values, in 3d space. I need to print xyz & hopefully ijk values for these points.

Can I print these point positions in an apt format,in a sequence I choose? Not random, I need to define the sequence?

I know surf-proj points will create a apt file.

(this is good, but sequence is all wrong....so this is really bad in the end)

cadcam....sounds ok if it will work on points located on 3d surfaces and outputs xyz locations as well as ijk normal surface vectors.

glenn....

quote:

Use, Create, Srf Project, pick surfaces and points and turn on Write XYZIJK in APT format.

I can do what you stated...but what about point order?....random is not what i need...also what if i have 500, 800 or 1000 pts....i don't want to select each point all the time.

Well kkominiarek you select many points using the window format when doing selcetion of point doing entites verse manunal. From there you can decide how you want to pick them. If you are looking for a format to output just this inforamtion I think Jay has the right Idea. I can think of make a post that strips all coode and just outputs the x,y,z. If you want to have pratical pattern with the selection you have options when using the drilling operations if using that for a control for these selections.

Crazy millman

Ok so what has your dealer said about getting you a post or product to get you there.

I got this rocket I want to lauch into outerspace and it is so big by so tall with anywhere from 50 to 500 moving parts so then which way should I face it and if I were going to face it that way would it still travel in the right direction or would it just simply go around the earth to get where I want it to.

We all can sit here all day and talk about a million different ways but until you can show someone an example you are just antoher rocket builder without a rocket to fly. Oh by the way anybody got a free post and free advice for that cant tell you the machine cant even show you an example of the part I want to make just want free shi?.

Crazy Millman

[ 09-23-2003, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: Millman^Crazy ]

Here is one way to sort the points.

Do a drill toolpath using one of Mastercam's over 20 differant methods of drill sorting. Edit the code so that you are left with only the X and Y positions.

Go, File, converters, Ascii, and read this file in as points.

Now when you do your Create, Point Srf Project on these new points it will give you the APT file with the same order as you drilled them.

glenn,

I did what you suggested and it produced what I was looking for.....thanks for the help.

millmancrazy,

Sounds like you have to much time on your hands to read and reread a topic that you

obviously cannot contribute to or solve.

I am not asking for anything free of charge or am I asking anyone to do anything for me.

I am asking what Mastercam is or isn't capable of.

If I crossed some unwritten/moral/mastercam forum rule.....then I apologize......that said, you

can blast that rocket you know where.