Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 tool manager column defaults

Cannon

There is not currently a way to do this that I am ware of, but I know there are some great things coming for the tool manager. I know there has been some talk about it lately, but I personally am exicted to see where this thing is going to go. You put this thing in the right enviorment and you have a pretty amazaing way to run a company. From the tool crib, to the operator to the programmer. This tool will give those part fo the company as way to communciate like never before. Like anything that being worked on it is a work in progress, but I personally see some GUI items and other things never seen before from the Mastercam Software group. It is exciting to see the steps being taken by the group to make tools to emrace todays 3D model space. This lays the foundation for so many different things and directions from a software development point huge steps. We are all funny creatures looking for prefection all the time, but I remeber 20 years ago sitting down with pencil and paper triging out things to make programs. Making up process sheets and other things by hand. Writing macro programs and other things to make surfacing and other things easier. Now I see this and go cool something else going in a good direction. I know people think come on man you have gone to the dark side. Nope just any other guy trying to earn a living, but having been on the software side of things it is not easy and believe it or not some very caring smart people who do want to make the best thing possible. It will get there great suggestion so send it into [email protected]. I like to make up screen shots and with arrows and other things to layout what I am thinking. Many times those very things like I was thinking end up in the software. Kind of cool when something a simple person like me thinks might be cool makes it into the software.

Cannon sorry for the side bar, but just things that were on my brain and this felt like a good thread to place it share them in.

• Like 1

You put this thing in the right enviorment and you have a pretty amazaing way to run a company. From the tool crib, to the operator to the programmer. This tool will give those part fo the company as way to communciate like never before.

Those are some pretty bold claims for an initial release of a product. Are you an employee of CNC, Inc, or do you have any data to back up these opinions ?

• 1 month later...

There are these new columns in tool manager for assembly and tool holder name. Where do I need to save the defaults so I only see tools? There is check box in tooling manager to only show tools, assemblies or both but I cant find where to change this default setting.

Is there a solution for this?

There are to many columns, I can't read the dia. column without moving the edge EVERY time.

If you collapse the columns to were you can still see the dash for assembly and holder name it will stay where you left it.

If you collapse the column to get rid of the column it will reset the columns back to default.