Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 New tool (centre drill) has undercuts?

DavidB

I created a new tool in X7 a default centre drill from the list (3.15)

I created a drill toolpath with this centre drill and when I goto verify I get....

Tool for operation has undercuts! Please select from UBV -> File -> Options -> General -> Simulation Engine = 5 axis order to get correct results.

What is this?

I agree that it is a PITA but I think it is a MAJOR PITA especially when you have a large file to verify and you forget to grab a manual entry with your ops then you have to switch to 5AX and let it recalculate again. Hopefully we will get a frontend for UVBS sometime in the near future. I still can't believe they didn't release a Service Pack with that in it. I have gone back to X6 for the time being because of all the UVBS flaws. Hopefully they will all be fixed in the next release. HaHa.

• 2 months later...

This is not a bug or an error and is more of just a warning to the user suggesting you use the 5 axis engine because there could potentially be undercuts in the file. If there are no undercuts you can simply neglect the warning and you are all set or you can use the 5axis engine instead. Also like others stated above this warning should be corrected in MU1 and I believe MU1 may also even default the simulator into the 5 axis engine.

Dont panic people Its not a bug and not an error, just a warning or suggestion to us users that we may want to change our simulator through the file --> options. Hopefully after MU1 we will no longer see this because people panic when they see it for some reason.