Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

hello everyone. long time reader first time poster. ok were do I start. I have a Atrump mill with the centroid m400 controls. mastercam is vr. 3.21 I have only programmed parts on intercon controls never needed to use the mastercam software. so this is were the fun part comes in. were currently running a cam wheel it is a one off part the original part is on a machine from the forty's or fifties. there was no drawing or documentation on the part. and the grove is so worn out from the cam follower that you can only make out were the follower used to run. but in the bottom of the grove you can make out the original path . so having this information I figured why not use the digitizer and catch that lip then pull the points on the inner and outer wall to were they needed to be on the mastercam. so it was my firs time using the digitizer so I ran a part not very complex just to see how it worked. I called and grabbed the demo from centroid to unlock everything on the machine, proceeded to slowly copy the part. saved the copy. went to the utilities did the dig to cad conversion loaded the part up with the new .doc extension. so far so good now the problem is how do I create a tool path off of that part. I mean I see it in 2 d so how do I tell the depths and where to start and end. I mean I will have to cut this groove 1 inch deep and 1.2 ish inches wide in a cam grove pattern any help will be greatly appreciated . I know my description is lacking so ask me any questions you need to become clear. I have called every tech support I can think of and its just to old no one knows anything to help. I need some people with real world knowledge to give a helping hand to us young pups. P.S. just because of this post don't think I don't know how to run a machine. I mean I can definitely make some chips. first time stuck in 3 yrs. just didn't learn mastercam as well as I should have. and all because of one part. thanks again, Jesse looking forward to hear all the info I can get.

I have an ATRUMP mill with MC built into it. It is Mill level 1, we have never used it. We use this old granny to engrave parts mostly and sometimes rough stock removal.

I opened the MC once and seen how old it was, it gave me cold chills until I could get it closed :laughing: Reminded me of how old I am. I started with MC in Ver. 3