Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Changing setting perameters permanently

Trapper Paul

Open up the mcamx.config inside of the C:\Users\<your name>\Documents\my mcamx7\CONFIG folder file in a text editor. Then search for that line as you can see here this section shows [sOLIDS] then from there you make the change on this line shown save the file and now it will be permanent. I am thinking there will be something added for this down the road, just what I got when I asked this very question to qc@mastercam and was passing that back on to you. Hopefully that will be help for you. If working in Metric would need to do the same thing for the mcamxm.config to have it do the same behavior.

[sOLIDS]
8000. Text unavailable? y
8001. Text unavailable? y
8002. Text unavailable? y
8003. Text unavailable? 0.00500000
8004. Text unavailable? y
8005. Text unavailable? 1000
8006. Text unavailable? 2
8021. Rendering? 3
8022. Tessellation? 5
8023. Hidden flags? 0
8024. Hidden dim factor? 66
8025. Hidden color? 10
8026. Color? 10
8027. Outlined edge color? 0
8028. Radial angle (in degrees)? 60.00000000
8029. Omit smooth edges? n
8030. Omit internal edges? n
8031. Text unavailable? y

• Like 2

My answer was not for that line I was showing the section of the config to look to for the 8023 line. Be careful you start messing with the .config file and you can monkey things up real quick. If you do you can always close down Mastercam erase the mcamx.config and it will make a new one. I will share what I am allowed to share and that is what I have done.

HTH