Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

where to start to learn mastercam?

M_Carvalhosa

IF you got them start with the basics of the program understand how to navigate through the program. Once you have that down then start learning the programming of the mill program at the level you will be using it. Calling your local dealer will be a good resource if you are working in a shop, if you are a student in high school, vocational program or even college then follow the instructions laid about by your instructor.

Hello,

A little clarification: The Beginner Training Tutorial is a compilation title. It takes 6 chapters from our Mill level 1 book, 2 chapters from our Lathe book, and 3 chapters from our Solids book, but it doesn't contain any new information not already contained in those 3 titles. If all you're looking to learn is Mastercam for mills and have no use for lathe or creating solids within Mastercam, then the Mill level 1 training tutorial is the better choice of those two. Each page in the store has links to a free sample PDF so you can see what each title covers before making a purchase.

• 1 month later...

hello. I'm starting to learn mastercam by myself, but I'm confused where to start. Do I start using Mastercam X7 mill level 1 training tutorial, or Mastercam X7 beginner training tutorial?

Thanks =]

If you can afford it, take a class.

If not, just keep using it, watch every YouTube video on Mastercam that there is and keep watching them to soak up any bit of info that you can and to see how other people do stuff.

• 5 weeks later...

Been there done that many times and they have to understand what the process is. Then need seat time and tons of patience. Order books for my 2 newest students and will see what they can do from there. No magic formula I have found either they want to learn and will take the time to learn and be hungry to learn or they will be someone who thinks everything needs to be handed to them and not care to put in the effort to learn. Real easy to weed out the wanters from the doers when it comes to this trade. Good luck and this place is also a great resource even with some of the crazy people on here. :thumbsup:

• Like 1