Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Let's see if Emc can help me on this one....

I have a part 304 SST, part finish thickness is 3mm with an N6 / 32 finish ±.0019 on the thickness

The extents of the part are 2.75" x 2.00" and there is shape milling around the outside and some holes to be drilled

As you can probably guess, I am having part curling issues after we remove the scaling on both sides, we started with 1/4" material

I need to change the process on this one, I cut 33 pcs, we wound up with 6 good, that is completely unacceptable

I am thinking about trying to find some 3mm stock, the difficulty in that is finding it but also the face surface finish requirements, from there I am leaning towards either laser cutting or wire cutting for the general shape

Looking for either stock sources or even ideas

Have at it :)

I have had good luck with similar parts by having the stock double disc ground to thickness and finish specs. Then try stacking a few on a fixture with clamps and machining the outside shape using a relatively small dia. end mill as to not introduce too much stress into the part, of course use a rough and finish cutter not letting the rougher get too dull. You may be able to use some of the holes to screw down the part also. Best of luck to ya :laughing: