Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

CHANGE Standard views

NeonDad

I dont believe there is an option for this but I do have a solution that may work for you. You can create a mastercam template file, basically create the planes you wish to have in your files, levels, etc. Then you can save the file to a safe location. Then right click on the file through windows explorer and go into properties, change the file to "read only", this will prevent the file from being over written. Now just use this template file to start all your future parts.

Hope this helps.

"Then you can save the file to a safe location. Then right click on the file through windows explorer and go into properties, change the file to "read only", this will prevent the file from being over written. Now just use this template file to start all your future parts."

Thank I'll try this

There is a c-hook (User Application from the Settings menu) called Trimetric.DLL. No, I don't know what that means :) but it does give you a 3D view that is different from isometic. You can set it as a Startup DLL but not as a File/New DLL. Would be nice though :D

EDIT - sorry, to clarify there is no such thing as a File/New DLL which is why you can't set it as such.... that's why I'm saying it would be nice [if you could]!

While this is true ->

There is no such thing as a File/New DLL which is why you can't set it as such.... that's why I'm saying it would be nice [if you could]!

That does not mean that you cannot have a NETHook or CHook that can execute something every time there is a File-New (or on some other “event”).

A NETHook (or CHook) add-on can "subscribe" to event notifications from Mastercam and...

when it receives an event notification it's interested in - take some action.

I whipped up a FileNewView NETHook for X7 last night that demonstrates this.

When this FileNewView add-on is installed it watches for "File-New" and when it sees one it->

Creates a new View (that you've pre-defined) and sets that View as the active Graphics View.

Does this sound like what NeonDad was looking for?

• Like 1

Roger, sounds pretty slick to me. :geek:

I have always wanted an automated 9 View creation tool for each new WCS. I make a new WCS and then I want to use the front view or the right view to that WCS. I have to go make each one by one, be really cool if we had a chook that said okay this is your WCS, what T-C Planes do you want active to this WCS? Click the ones you want and then done.