Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T hydraulics or manual clamps

biss03

we try to utilize hydraulic clamping as much as possible on our production machining fixtures. without bashing a hydraulics company, we are having many problems with their products with no real solutions being given.

my questions is: what is your choice for hydraulic company. we've used enerpac, hytec, and are looking at vectec. any info would be appreciated!

thanks,

josh

I have one customer who I built fixtures for and they won't use anything but Vektek. However, they are a bit more expensive than Enerpac.

But, I have also used Enerpac with no problems.

Our first choice is Enerpac to keep costs down, unless it is specifically requested that we use Vektek.

we use all parker fittings and hoses. we use 90% enerpac equipment and yes, we have actually had a person from enerpac(along with the sales guy from our distributor) in here. basically, it looks like he is going to replace the ones that are bad but this doesn't solve the problem of why they go bad. it is not the fittings causing the problems because the main problem is leaking oil from the component itself and the "guts" are working their way loose and coming out. this has actually become more of a problem in the last couple of years. before that we rarely had a problem with their equipment. i guess my reason for posting this thread was to get feedback on other users opinions of enerpac and vektek because we recently had a rep from vektek stop and drop of some catalogs. so, with all the enerpac problems we are thinking of trying vektek.

thanks for all the feedback and please keep them coming.

josh

[ 10-02-2003, 08:41 AM: Message edited by: biss03 ]