Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Verify problem in X7

Mastermill

In the verify in the mastercam simulator, when I run my program, sometimes it startes reloading real quickly.

It freezes for a moment, the rough material which is supposed to be gone returns for a couple of seconds.

And in the left top corner it gives the message: Updating scene in background.

Is there any setting for this simulator to run smoothly?

Thanks for the support

I have had the same problem from the start with MCX7 verify. I have not switched over because of verify being so "buggy". I had support come in from Mastercam and he said to wait for MU1 and it should be fixed. I installed the MU1 and it did not fix it. I like the old verify allot better, it was simple,accurate and fast! looking for suggestions as well.

What you are seeing is a method of dispaly that reverts to the initial stock if the update to the cut stock is going to take 3 milliseconds or more. When it is in cutting mode and the pixels are being cut, we didn't want the dynamic motion to slow down the processing of the cutting so we revert to the initial stock while rotating and display the cut material when you stop. We have had several complaints for this and we are working on a solution that allows the dynamic motion to happen in an efficient and speedy way without affecting processing time.

• 3 weeks later...

Ken,

I am a religious user of Verify, and I have avoided X7 because it needs to be very accurate.

I have sent in some simple contouring parts that I cannot trust in this verify.

I spoke to mike today and he agrees that he sees the same problem

I cannot rely on X7 until this is fixed

I will have to rely on V6

Greatest Regards

Tony G

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have 2 machines, in one machine I'm running X6 and the other X7. I have same problem with verify while executing internal lathe operations such as center drill etc.

However, the verify does work on Outside Diameter operations. I also tried verify with mill and it works. The older files from X6 won't work on X7 unless it is updated to X7. I am going to try something new this time : uninstall X7 from regedit as well as programs, reinstall X6, uninstall X6 and then reinstall X7 from the web directly.

This time I am not going to use the web to update MU1 over the net. Just leave it as it is. Hoping to work this time.

The reason I switched over to X7 was to get machining time for lathe operations, this facility is not available in X6, unless I missed out on add-ons for X6.

• 4 weeks later...

We have been preparing to switch over from X6 to X7 at our school, going from W7 32 bit to 64 bit to prepare for what appears to be the future with X8 being 64 bit only. 

While working on the image for the classroom computers and testing the planned hardware for sufficiency (NVIDIA Quadro K600 1Gb graphics card and 12 Gb of memory with an i7 3770 processor @ 3.40 Ghz), it keeps crashing going into verify on a 4 axis wire part that worked fine in X6 (and also happens to run successfully in X7 32 bit verify).  There is no problem verifying mill parts, even 4 axis parts with multiple WCS on a rotary table (A axis).  It will work on simple wire tool paths, but it crashes with the XY/UV paths every time.

I have tried this on multiple computers-  an i5 equipped laptop running W7 64 bit professional, 8 Gb, and a 240Gb SSD using X7 HLE 64 bit and the i7 machines listed above running both W7 32 and 64 bit professional with the appropriate X7 load and all patches and updates via the software update menu.  The 32 bit machine is only running 4Gb memory and factory video card (AMD Radeon), but it runs through all verify operations without any problems.  Both 64 bit machines crash during NCI processing of the wire toolpath, generating an error report and closing X7 completely.

Watching it happen while monitoring the system using the system monitor shows us never using more than about 5 Gb of the installed memory, although all 8 cores on the i7 machines are very active.  I have tried allowing more memory for buffering as well as switching the hardware graphics acceleration on & off.  Any thoughts on resolving this?