Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

3 plus 2 5xis drilling

mike561h

hi friends,

on a medical plate with holes at 5 8 25 degree on B axis and 12 -12 and 5

on c axis (A) im a rookie at 5 axis drilling and the young guy i work with we got the part going but it took much pain and suffering. I was told we need to know the picvit point on the B center line and the distance from that to our x datum so we are close to our z depths when drillin. Right now we have to adjust the z on every hole cause they are way off and our programs atr from the datum on Mastercam . When they should be from the pivot point of the B axis. I know there is more to this but guys its been a horror story from day one. I took over due to his path was scrap. Now I got it wherer all op1 holes and tappinfg is done complete then op2 is done and everything falls into place. Any help on what I should do to program in mastercam and how to approach the datum. So when we drill we know we are least close to our Z locations on B axis. right now we just lost in space and once the drill hit the part on top we kept adjusted from there. He has had to adjust so much of the code its crazy. It should not be that way. aany help[ would be appreciated.

mike

• 2 weeks later...