Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

.tooldb File Format??

It is a long shot, but I have a project where I need to put in a complete different set of holders than listed in the standard stuff and was hoping I could open up the file in some editor and take what I need and save it and be done with it. The current process of having make each segment to define a holder is enough to drive even the crazy people crazy. I was hoping someone stumbled onto something they came up with the allowed this process.

Okay and I can see the Database structure, but would assume any changed to Table Names is going to create havoc. Then if I decided to go into one of the fields and edit the field what am I going to accomplish but create more havoc.

I would like to be able to make a translator/convertor that can take the X,Y Data from a 2D drawing and covert it to a .csv file. From that .csv file have the holders built from that. Everything is still 2D with building these tools, though most everyone else in this business works in 3D.

Ideally I would love to be able to take a 3D tool and drag it into the tool manager and done. Align required parts like Cat40 Taper to Cat40 Taper or HSK63A Taper and Tang to HSK63A Taper and Tang and done. Everything else below there that defines a tool is picked up sorted out and then we are off and running.

Here is one of my cheat sheets to build the upper part of a CAT-40 Holder.

The other is a set of Holders I want to make for a machine one of my customers purchased. I have no problem porting that over into an excel sheet I then make a .csv file. Then how could I port that into the tool.db easily?

Like I said in one of my visits there be great if we looked at some basic logic to fill in some stuff and have it build our tool holders from it. Right now segments to me is clumsy and not well thought out. Take the Cat 40 holder. Using it a base template those values do not match what I am using. Then we have part of the Cat40 taper above the holder, but it is not tapered? Looks better with the shape defined above pulled from the blank defined in the CAT40 holders.