Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MULTI_POST Questions for Direction of Files

crazy^millman

quote:

just need to see if what Rekd suggest will go the high in the order of directory at Network Places.

First, don't think you're ignorant about VBS. If you can do post, you can surely do VBS. (Don't call me Shirly) biggrin.gif

Secondly, I suggest mapping any/all network drives you plan to use via VBS. (It can be done in VB, and prolly VBS as well, I'll check tomarrow) If you do that, it'll work better/easier.

'Rekd

Ok Rekd That worked great know I am problay going to get some laughs for this but how do I get it to work propelry over the network. I have called the computer over the network Alpha, Beta, Cappa, and Delta. I think I will have to do a map over the network and kinda create the path to tie it to I am at home so will have to wait till tommorrow and see where it goes from there.

I just have to hope that I can get the Mulitpost to say ok these are the right places for these and put the NC program here and then put the HTML setup sheet here.

Crazy Millman

LoL that is funny we must been sharing the brain about that time about the Map the network thing. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

[ 10-08-2003, 01:35 AM: Message edited by: Millman^Crazy ]

quote:

If anyone wants - I can upload the new MULTI_POST.PST & MULTI_POST.VBS that do this to the forum FTP.

I will upload this as soon as I get a chance to make it a bit more bullet-proof. I discovered that if you click the CANCEL button on the BrowseForFolder dialog the script logic just continued on - using the "C:Documents and SettingsMy Documents" folder ?!?! This would occur even if the default folder was set to "C:WORK". Not a big task to correct, just didn't have a change to work on it last night. On the bright side I found an option that allows the addition of an Edit Box on that dialog, so you could type in the path if you wanted to.

quote:

On the bright side I found an option that allows the addition of an Edit Box on that dialog, so you could type in the path if you wanted to.

That could be useful. biggrin.gif

I found this for mapping a network drive, Millman. Modify to suit your paths and give it a go.

Dim net

Set net = Wscript.CreateObject("Wscript.Network")

net.MapNetworkDrive "W:", "ServercomnshrsPCCOMMON"

[code]

'Rekd

Ok so now to add to this I just got the 9.17 Dll installed and it says this:

quote:

Also adds a new post function RUNVBS() that loads the Mastercam VBS (Visual Basic Scripting) DLL to provide access to Mastercam VBS variables and routines.

(This allows launching a VBS script from a post processor without displaying the Mastercam VBS edit/run dialog.)

I am wondering where I can get a better explantion of this and would this apply to this thing we are tryint to get worked out. Been crazy so taking a quick look to see whats up. I will try that REKD thanks again. Look like a got to take real long road trin and get Jimmy, Rick, Roger and Rerk so coffee some time soon. cheers.gifcheers.gif

Crazy Millman

Millman, for now I wouldn't worry about running a script from a post, since you're already running a post from a script. wink.gif It's just another tool in our toolbox should we decide to use it.

As for what it does.. Say you've got a post that you just can't get to post the way you need. But you could use a VBS to modify the posted results.. you could call that VBS from within the post and have it post post process your NC file.

'Rekd

I've uploaded MULTI_PST_VBS.ZIP to the FTP site in the "Text_&_post_files_&_misc" folder.

Be sure to read the README in the ZIP!

BTW,

The RunVBS() to execute a script from within a PST has lots of possibilities. "post" post processing the NC file just created, etc.

Or like it is used in MULTI_POST, to gather information to pass to the PST.

BTW,

If you have MP v9.15 you already have the RunVBS() functionality.

Thnaks Roger I appericate that. I am still going to try to get the Mulit_post working that way and then try it the otehr way just more option and cvool things to learn. Been a 15 hour days for me so no time otday seems I also found a bug in Mp 9.17 so waitng to see what comes of that. I will foward my post and program to qc tommorrow tonight I ma going myself to bed good night all.

Crazy millman drag is waery body to bed.

No bug just a bad post and some other things happy Sailing to you all.

[ 10-09-2003, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: Millman^Crazy ]

Just an update for all that might be intrested. I got this to work and Roger you the MAN I really really apericate this. I have this working like a dream and I post my HTML set-up sheet and my Mpmaster_Fadal givimg me the abilites to put my HTML set-up sheet in my set-up directory and my NC programs in the recpective computer on the network. This is a typical path Deltac:nc_programs2805_nc1st_OP so you can imagine how much a really really apperciate all that typing and double duty you have saved me and I am thinking this is going to be a highly used tool by others. Jimmy the Downlad on the FTP is perfect but if you want me to send what I ended up doing be more than glad to.

I humbly say thank and feel honored for the help to all guys this beer for you:

pilsner_large.gif

Crazy Millman

yeah I have had the same problem and that has what has got me going good for the last week but I think I am on top of it now thanks to my dealer and their help.

I also want to thank Charles Davis and the whole crew at San Diego Cad/Cam for the great help.

smiley_031.gifsmiley_031.gifsmiley_031.gifsmiley_031.gifsmiley_031.gifsmiley_031.gifsmiley_031.gif

Crazy Millman

[ 10-11-2003, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: Millman^Crazy ]

Jimmy I am in Carlsbad Calforina and I am from Jacksonville Florida. It is in the Text_&_post_files_&_misc Folder and it called Multi_Post.zip I could always get mine to work but not the way roger has it working. I still dont understand the Buffer paramters and the allocation requiremetns needed in a flip flop type of application I treid everything to get the Muli_post.pst to work the way I wanted. I then bit the bullet and looked at what roger did and understand what he did but since i know very little about VBS i just was going at in the wrong way the whole time. What he has up there is exactly what I was looking to do. I will put up what I had it will be called Mulit_postR if you want see where I was getting stuck.

Crazy Millman