Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

SLDPRT file importing

CRW

The relevant text from the topic Pete referenced (that's in the restricted access Beta forum). ->

It sounds to me like SWDocumentMgr.DLL needs to be registered. It is located in the X7 "Common\SWorksData" subfolder.

It can be registered by right-clicking on it and using "Open With..." and browsing to choose \Windows\System32\regsvr32.

It can also be registered via the Mastercam Advanced Configuration tool - which is McamAdvConfig.EXE in the X7 root folder. Launch it, make sure the dropdown at the top says "Mastercam X7", then click on "Components" in the left-hand pane, and then browse to C:\Program Files\McamX7\Common\SWorksData\SWDocumentMgr.DLL (or wherever you have X7 installed), right-click on the .DLL name, and choose "Register Component"

• Like 1

Roger,

I tried it the first way and don't seem to have that option (see attachment).

I tried the second way and each time, it won't let me proceed. (see attachment)..

Do you have any other suggestions?

I'd really like to be able to open a SLDPRT.

post-49085-0-24217200-1391614502_thumb.jpg

post-49085-0-98797000-1391614514_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I still believe that this is a Mastercam issue...and can be corrected by registering Common\SWorksData\SWDocumentMgr.DLL.

I see from one of your screen grabs that you tried right-clicking on that .DLL and choosing "Open With...".

Do that again and when the file selection window appears, browse to C:\Windows\System32 and choose Regsvr32.EXE. That's the executable that will perform the registration.

Something somewhere got crossed up...

Are you running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Mastercam?

It looks like your running the original release of X7 ... and not the MU1, correct? That .DLL is newer/bigger in X7 Mu1 (since it supports SW2014) than shown in your screenshot. I can send you that one to try (if you can handle a 3MB email attachment). Or I can upload it to our FTP site for you and give you instructions.

Sorry this is being such a hassle for you... typically registration of that DLL is pretty straightforward.

CRW let's try this. 1st disable the Windows UAC temporarily. To do this just follow these steps:

• open Windows Control Panel
  • click on "User Accounts"
  • click on the link "Change User Account Control Settings"
  • move the slider all the way to the bottom "Never Notify"
  • re-boot the system

Now let's try registering the swdocomentmgr.dll

• Browse to C:\Program Files\mcamx7
  • right click on " McamAdvConfig.exe" and select "Run as Administrator"
  • select "Mastercam X7" from the drop
  • click on "Components"
  • in the right hand window browse to "C:\Program Files\mcamx7\common\SWORKSDATA"
  • right click on " SwDocumentMgr.dll" and select "Register Component"
    • You should get a message "Registry operations completed successfully"

[*]Start Mastercam and try opening your file again

[*]Also don't forget to return the Windows UAC to its previous state.