Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

wire edm arc problems

Tim Pruett

We recently updated our wire edm from version 6 to x6 and received a new post processor from our reseller. Were trying to write a program to wire a hole but were getting a "P70 arc error". I'm not sure which arc setting to use in the control def or if this is even the issue. Can anyone tell me how they have theirs set and/or do I need to get the post edited to output the code correctly. TIA

Tim

here's a sample of the version 6 code;

L0

G90

G92 X-1. Y.25

G00 X-1. Y.25

M20

M78

M78

M80

M82

M84

H1=.0093 F.06 E1271

M90

G01 G41 H1 X-.9375

G03 X-1.0625 I-.0625 J0.

X-.3975 I.0625 J0.

X-.93753 Y.252 I-.0625 J0.

G01 G40 X-.95352 Y.25149 M91

M90H1=.007 F E1272

Here's a sample from X6

G90

G92X-1 Y.25

G00X-1 Y.25

M20

M78 M78

M80M82M84

H1=.0071 F16.E1272

M90

G41G01X-.9375

G03I-.0625J0.

Y.252I-.0625J0.

G40G01X-.9535Y.2515

H1=.0057F.12E1273

That's the way it was set when I was getting errors. I tried it with every other setting and didn't get errors with, absolute, radius, and signed radius, but they drew a little funny at the machine and I was afraid to try any of them. I thought I would see from you guys how it is suppose to be set.

I unchecked it. the operator is running a program right now so I will have to have him check to see if it will work later. Also, I googled the error and somebody said it's because the post is outputting 4 place decimal and the machine is set to run 5 place decimal. I can't find in the post where to change it to 5 places.

I also have had this error before. I am running X6 and using FX20 Mits edm. Sometimes when i program the geometry sent to me by the customer, it will give me that arc error. So i have to actually redraw the shape, or part or whatever it is, in MasterCam. MasterCam will program it just fine, but the machine won't like something in the program. I hope this helps.

Well I googled the arc error we were having. Turns out it was a combination. It had to be setup like Del suggested(thanks Del) but the post had to be edited to 5 place decimal as well. The machine is in 5 place so the post had to be also. Evidently the arc code wasn't accurate enough. Thanks for the help.

• 9 years later...