Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cut my first impeller today

Chipmakr

Floors are actually the hardest part, I finally got handy with them after about the 5th different design. Several little tricks, so many I had to take screenshots and put together a reference on paper.

Making it (the floor) smooth don't necessarily increase performance or efficiency on the turbo. I use .05 stepovers, takes a lot less time identical results.

No blade expert here either.

How big are the endmills you use?

The piece looks great. What kind of work holding were you using?

I am using 4" chucks mounted on 3R macro magnum pallets. I set this entire 18 pallet system up for just a little over a grand(Not counting the 3R pallet of course). Some of your V562 vices are in our future for holding non round items. These 4" chucks will make the money that will be used to expand our work holding arsenal. Anytime you have to multiply x18 the cost grows quick, but I love having 18 identical stations. Prove out clearances on one pallet and then you can walkaway.

Gizmo, I am part of 5th Axis Inc. out of San Diego.

We bought this machine as a refurb from Mikron/Agie. They tell me it originally came from your shop. Isn't it ironic? Don't ya think. :rofl: