Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Rotary question

I have a part I'm doing in X7 that involves some rotary work.

One of the things I need to do is to machine a contour on the OD in an open pocket. This will be done substituting A for Y.

Under the Rotary axis control tab, there is a Rotary Diameter. When I put in the dia of the floor of the open pockst (which is the depth of my cut) and verify it, it never cuts the pocket.

Can someone take a look and set me on the correct path, so to speak?

Thanks

MF-100644-3_PROX_EXT_CP_MINUS A.MCX-7

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...

Feel free, I simply answered the question

That was easy ! Why is there so much air cutting ? Did this really take an hour to cut ? I'm sure we can find better ways to cut this, no offense !

Bill

That was easy ! Why is there so much air cutting ? Did this really take an hour to cut ? I'm sure we can find better ways to cut this, no offense !

Bill

Hindsight is always 20/20 I can go back to work I did a few years ago and pick it apart, but too many people want to come in here and pick apart others efforts. John and others like him, including myself are trying to help others get answers. Many many different ways to do the work we do. It is the artistic as much of it as the scientific for doing this work.

Anyone came come late to the party and complain it sucks, but the people who where at the party had a great time. 

• Like 3

Not picking apart, wow you get offended quickly. Anyhow if you ran verify you would know what I mean, I only meant it as a suggestion as the program cuts tons of air. Merely making a suggestion ! But hey, not my part or my shop.

Bill

Ron just said what others were thinking. You could have worded your original statement a lot better and maybe ask for a little more information before making a comment. My first concern is getting a working path second is making if efficient, for one off parts I skip the second step. We are here to help so by all means offer up your suggestion but try to refrain from criticizing other peoples methods.

Hindsight is always 20/20 I can go back to work I did a few years ago and pick it apart, 

I find myself doing this all the time. Because I'm always looking for ways to maximize my cycle time and cutting efficiency on jobs.

It's more of a mission than a habit lol.

Merely making a suggestion, Yes my comment could have been worded better, interesting enough the comment wasn't directed to John but the original thread owner. He hasn't replied why is everyone else taking offense to an observation that could help bring something up that might have gone unnoticed otherwise.

Bill

Bill where were you when this was originally posted? You didn't offer a solution you picked apart the effort. Where is your part programmed to help? Where is your process to make it cut better and faster since you said you were helping and not picking it apart? John help this situation when it needed to be helped. Had you pointed this out originally and helped him when it was originally done then it would have been a great part of the conversation. 7 months later and you post that up? What is someone really supposed to gather in your motive?

You said "we can find better ways to cut this" How? Where? What process would do that? Nothing was put into your posting about that. Sorry, but people on this forum stepped up when I almost died last year and helped keep food on the table and roof over my family's heads. I know a lot of the people on the forum personally and where I come from we stand up for our own. John was helping out here and the person he was helping was grateful and sorry, but your wording and timing was lackluster and like a performance review from 20 years ago said "Employee is to quick to say what comes to his mind" other might have been thinking, but I am that person that will say it.

I love helping others and sharing my knowledge to help others. I do not have all the answers and learn as much and they hopefully do sometimes helping others with a problem. Want to help him make it cut better, great we are all ears and waiting to see what that answer is.

• Like 4
I find myself doing this all the time. Because I'm always looking for ways to maximize my cycle time and cutting efficiency on jobs.

It's more of a mission than a habit

It's more of a mission than a habit lol.

+1 million. I do the exact same thing lol

Bill where were you when this was originally posted?............................................. I love helping others and sharing my knowledge to help others. I do not have all the answers and learn as much and they hopefully do sometimes helping others with a problem. Want to help him make it cut better, great we are all ears and waiting to see what that answer is.

Lackluster sure, my point was performance not demeaning at all. Anyhow I didnt even notice the date on this thread, I was looking for an answer on a different subject myself and my search word brought this thread up, gotta refine that....lol JK ! Im guessing that Dragracer1951 is content with his results since he didnt ask for anything else.

Bill

Bill many think I am this big old arse hole seeing my postings on this board. I would hope the exact opposite is the impression people have about me. I care to help and I am very passionate about manufacturing maybe sometimes to a fault. My granddad said when I was a kid I should be a politician because I always had something to say; again sometimes to a fault. I have no hard feeling about anything ever said on this board and will keep doing my best to help who ever I can the best way I can and know how. Have a great weekend.

• Like 1

Wow...

I needed to make a pair of these.  On a weekend.  It didn't really matter how long it took.  As long as the cores were in the mold Monday morning.  And they were.

I don't do a ton of 4th work at this job.  When you don't use it every day...you tend to forget it.

Sorry it wasn't as eloquent as you'd have liked.

Glad that wasn't a job interview....

Still got it done.

• Like 1