Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X or Y home

connormac

quote:

use manual entry, this works good for random stuff

This will work if you are the only programmer and never get sick or go on vacation. What happens when you are gone and somebody cant find the proven program so pulls it up in MCAM to post it again. CRASH eek.gif

Even sometimes as the only programmer, I have still made that mistake. At my previous job I did a lot of that and more often than not I got bit.

That is why I am trying to make all 4 posts bullet proof. At this job I have the time. In the long run, to me, its worth it.

No offense intended. cheers.gif

quote:

What happens when you are gone and somebody cant find the proven program so pulls it up in MCAM to post it again.

you notice I did say random. our machine tools and parts are never redundant in what they do, so its almost impossible to think of every sitsuation that can arise on a job. in other words...

forever editing posts

no offence taken wink.gif

quote:

our machine tools and parts are never redundant in what they do, so its almost impossible to think of every sitsuation that can arise on a job.

Two different worlds.

At this time we do nothing but production of some 5000+ part numbers. CNC's has been here for 10 yrs. but me and MCAM have only been here 2 months.

I have a lot of cathing up to do. Glad I have expierence.