Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Nest geometry or toolpaths?

MC_Girl

Hi Anita,

welcome to the forum, I love to nest the toolpaths especially with true shape because it considers the lead-in/out, but if you choose to nest the geometry only, sometimes with small parts you won't see if it gouges in the part beside because the only way to control is the part to part distance.HTH!

Simon

Welcome to the forum.

Pros & cons to both. I like nesting the geometry for simple 2D parts, then just window all of the geometry and apply a contour toolpath to cut them out of a full sheet.

However if I have multiple programs to be run on each part, programming the part and then nesting the toolpaths is sweet because if you have to make a change to the part after you have it programmed, the nested toolpaths update to reflect the change.

HTH

Hi Anita

I prefer to teach my customers to nest with toolpath, I noticed your a wood worker, I put toolpath on the parts but not the line boring, during the nesting process, I use the attach geometry chains, select all the shelf pin and dowel holes, this way I get the best yield out of the material then I line bore all the holes.

If you have parts defined in a library, nesting geometry may be faster. Have each operation on a seperate level, after nesting use level mask and you can window the entire nest, applying toolpath only to the selected levels.

I work with woodworkers every day, if you need help pleae ask

regards

George

We hammered out her posts today while I was there installing the software. I tell my customers to come here for answers and come to me for a post.

I Do have some customers that ask post questions here. Sometimes on their own, and sometimes I tell them to ask here. When someone comes here asking for help they tend to get it. When they ask for a freebie.... we all know what ends up.

Jimmy

What we give free advie all the time and we give free help we just gvie away stuff that cost money or sewat and yelling and some screaming and thing like that when it coems to the posts is all. Just giving you a hard time is all. Well cool beans look like that make great funiture glad t osee soemone esle here and MC_Girl Welcome to the Forum. cheers.gifcheers.gif

Crazy Millman