Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

TIME SAVERS

Incogneeto

To expand on Bob Wolcott's recommended use of defaults files, I say you're better off using operations libraries. Ops libraries are defaults files on steriods. I'm quite certain that you'd use a 2" insert cutter to mill a big pocket different than you'd use a 3/16" end mill to rough a small pocket. That's where ops libraries come into play. Defaults files don't allow for that, but ops libraries do! They kind of accomplish the same thing, but an ops library is more robust since it allows for more variation. Attached are a few screen shots of my ops library.

On another note, I have standard level names that I use for every file. I have them saved as a .CSV file and I import the level names by right clicking in the levels manager and "Get level names" (I don't recall the exact verbage at this time). In about 4 clicks, I have all of my standard levels named.

Lastly, I use A Form Filler (see my sig) to click buttons, check checkboxes, click "OK" on things that I ALWAYS answer the same. I have 12-15 things set up for A Form Filler to do for me in the blink of an eye. "Do you want to retain depths on merged drill points?" "Are you sure you want to launch another session of Mastercam?" Do I really have to click "OK" when the dialog box "3 operations imported successfully" pops up? Or "36 arcs have been moved to a new view" when using combine views? Not anymore! A Form Filler does it for me. I haven't seen any of those dialog/confirmation boxes in years thanks to A Form Filler!

Thad

Thad, once you start a library as you did, can you edit them in an editor?

or only after importing them?

(if you want a to fix a few settings so they are edit free for the next time you import them)

I notice if you double click a save operation with a bunch of paths, it just

open MC and is blank.

Thad, once you start a library as you did, can you edit them in an editor?

or only after importing them?

(if you want a to fix a few settings so they are edit free for the next time you import them)

I notice if you double click a save operation with a bunch of paths, it just

open MC and is blank.

You can edit them in two ways, that I know of.

1. Machine Group Properites-Files, then click the "!" next to the operations library. You can then go into any operation and make edits. When you exit out, it will automatically save itself. See the file date/time to prove it.

2. Rename the .OPERATIONS-6 (or whatever version) to .MCX-6 and open it in MC. Make your edits, then change the extension back when done.

Thad

You can edit them in two ways, that I know of.

1. Machine Group Properites-Files, then click the "!" next to the operations library. You can then go into any operation and make edits. When you exit out, it will automatically save itself. See the file date/time to prove it.

2. Rename the .OPERATIONS-6 (or whatever version) to .MCX-6 and open it in MC. Make your edits, then change the extension back when done.

Thad

Awesome, Thanks! :cheers:

Hey Thad, Sorry for your loss man,

My sincere condolences go out to you and your family.