Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Apply custom drill parameters.

odessa

Need to go to your post builder and ask them how they set them up and tell them to give you a better explanation as to what each one sets. Some of those I controlled on the linking parameters and others I did like you have there, but been over a decade since I did anything like that in a post.

Well you have to decide when you built it what you wanted to accomplish. Go back to what you wanted to do and then define them to make sense. Then plug in values and see if the output is what you expect. Then run it above your part to make sure it looks correct and then go from there.

I assume you did not define the variables being sued by the post and if you did not define them then you probably did not format them and if you did not do that then you probably did make your custom drill cycles correctly either. Would that be a fair guess?

Might do search on custom drill parameters and such in the post forum I have put up a lot of information along with others over the years that should be of help.

HTH

Ron is correct, you really don't need to use the custom parameters to do what you are wanting to do. Its almost as easy or even easer to do something like arcdia = peck1$ or whatever. I was lost on these for a while & reading the post section of this forum has gave me all the info I need. For a great example for what some have done with custom cycles...search gundrill in that section of the forum. Thats what gave me my start into understanding these.....