Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

seeking Mastercam programmer

haggai

Hi,

I am looking for a top notch Mastercam programmer who can help out part time on a tooling project. The job will be revolving around generating a proper toolpath from IGES CAD files in Mastercam.

Working closely with an experienced machinist who needs help on the Mastercam side.You must posses an in and out, blindfold knowledge of Mastercam.

It is preferable if you live in the Burbank Glendale area and can work on-site, however remote work will be considered too.

please email resume to

[email protected]

Well dude you want the best to do soemthing part time to help and then that it is I think you will find some really talneted people around there can think of Few up that way right now. Me I got a family and work 60 to 70 hours week my part time that is avaible if all family time good luck in your search.

Crazy Millman only repond cause he could use the money towards a down payment on a house out here in the county where only 19% of the household incomes can afford a house.

Anyone in the Central New Jersey area with similar credentials? I just posted two positions(Milling & Turning) on the Mastercam website yesterday. I could use either full time or part time help. Top pay and possible relocation expenses for the right person. Please check my add on Mastercam's website(it might take up to 7 days for M/C to post it, as I just added it Saturday 10/18), or e-mail me directly for details. Solidworks knowledge would be a plus, as everything we manufacture must be designed and reverse engineered. If your a "team player" looking to work for a small, very fast growing company manufacturing our own line of aftermarket motocycle components, utilizing the absolute latest top of the line equipment, please e-mail me for details.

Millman--I consider most of the Japanese milling/turning manufacturer's--ala. Mori Seiki, Matsuura, Okuma, Yasda, Makino, etc...to be right up at the top. I'm sure everybody has there own opinion as to what constitutes "the best", for me, it also has alot to do with the age of the equipment. For example, depending upon the type of machining being performed, a new Super VF2 Haas could be considered alot better than a 1995 Mori Seiki performing HSM. I'm fortuanate enough to be able to provide '03 Makino's for milling, with MMC2 pallet cell, '03 Nakamura Tome for multitasking, Zoller presetters, etc.. and just about anything else that will make my programmers and operators lives easier and more motivating. I find that people in general perform better when they are able to utilize the "latest and greatest" so to speak. This is just my opinion, take it for what it's worth. cheers.gif

Ooooooooooooo Makino. Have heard nothing but good things.

I've been blessed to work in two separate shops

that just happen to have Yasda's.

These machines are top notch. Be hard pressed

to find a finer machine anywhere.

the current one is capable of 10 mill. increments.

And let me tell you once you've run something this

tight all others fall short.

I've definetly been spoiled.

Enough rambling.

PEACE biggrin.gif

[ 10-20-2003, 12:33 AM: Message edited by: Hardmill ]

Hardmill--I looked at Yasda, but for the type of machining I was looking for, they didn't have the right machine. They are awesome though.

I looked at the Yasda YBM600N, but the maximum rapids of 945 IPM, and feed rates of 196 IPM seemed to give up too much to the Makino A66E's 2953 IPM rapids and 2126 IPM feed rates. I also looked at their YBM6T. What an awesome piece of equipment!!! Twin ballscrews on every axis, and a weight of over 42,000lbs say's it all. The rapids were still only 1900 IPM and feed max of 590 IPM, but the accuracy is incredable. If you need super accuracy, I would agree: the Yasda line probably can't be beat. For my applications however, accuracy isn't that importent. I needed a super quick machine for mass producing aluminum parts that would run day after day mostly pocketing and contouring billet aluminum. Very similar to the aerospace applications, and to me, Makino offered the best in HSK63A, 20K, 40 taper spindles, as well as fastest chip to chip, tool to tool, G accel./decel., and one of the best FMS pallet cells. If I was doing large mold work, or extremely high tolerance work, the Yasda appears to be the king. cheers.gif

Well you are 100% right about Makino machine in your application and if I had my way would push our comapny in the mind sight but since it has been an act of congree to get anything I will have to settle for the Haas VF4SS with the HSM bundle. I can see the future and sorry I feel confident in my ability and where our comapny could go but that is life in the big city. I am in the postion where we sub out $30,000 to $60,000 a month and know of three job we didnt go after that would have neted over $4,000,000 in business for our company. I keep getting told I dont know anything about business but I can promise you this 4 Fadals that are over 6 years old is not the answer. I also think you will find that the G accel and the ability to be at what I considerare good feedrate for aluminum key to be productive. I would also look at the HSM module begin offered by Cimco seem to be doing alot to keep the axail calcuation correct which are also key when you start getting over the 900 ipm feedrate with tooling on the market today.

As ecohed in my other thread gald to hear an owner who understands the business of machining as well as the business of business. In today competive market and global reach of our services we need people willing to invest to d othings to make this country eb what it is a super power not a super importer of good and services.

Crazy Millman

[ 10-19-2003, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: Millman^Crazy ]

Millman, I saw the Haas VF2SS and I assume it's the same as the 4 but smaller. I don't think for the money you could beat it. I was surprised at how quick it was in both rapids, tool change, and chip to chip. The feed rates were also impressive. I believe that your in a good position in that the lower dollar machines have and can make great strides in speed, and yet still stay resonably priced, and in most cases, lower than they were a few years ago when they were so much less expensive. The higher end Jap. machines can't make the leaps and bounds that Haas can from year to year, as the technology can not keep up. For example: Haas can double their feeds and speeds almost every 3 years, you won't find a Jap. machine that can say that. Granted a Haas will not hold up compared to the Jap. equipment, but dollar for dollar, they are making huge inroads. In fact, Haas is really taking a huge portion of these Jap. companies revenue. The proof is how so many of them in the last few years have come out with "lower dollar lines"(Makino 1 series, for example), or have replaced their high end machines with less expensive machines all together(Mori Seiki NH5000). I have several Haas machines, and they got me started, so I can't complain too much, but I can say I'm looking forward to the transition to the Jap. reliability. Peace!!

Thanks Drew now all I got to do is convince the owners that went to Disneyland today that and I will be batiign a 1000 so to speak. I agree they are not the Jap Machine but Dollar for Dollar at this point my best option to try to get my point across. They had not see a amchine rpaid over 400 ipm before me getting here and getting a newer used fadal. I thin kthey will shi? themselves when they see what I will make a SS machine do. I love talking to sales guy and teeling them what I am looking for in a machine and they huh you wanna do what. I was telling the Thremwood rep I was taking a 2" facemill and running it at 600 ipm on the Machine I had back in Jacksonville and could hear the you crazy in his voice. I would love ot see some demo footage of your machine ruuning if you got time and the ability please email me soemthing so I can show what real machines can do.

Good luck and been nice talking to you in this thread dont be a stranger.

Crazy Millman