Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Create start point on island pocket

StoneyNH

Im doing a square part with bosses along the outside edges so Im using island pocketing.Im using a 1-1/4 Facemill with 2 inserts in it.I want the Facemill to start off of the part since Im plunging 3 different depths.

So Ive added a point off the part that I want my Facemill to come back to every time it plunges.Ive picked add a point & dragged it to the top of my Geometry dialog box & checked off use entry point in my Lead in/Lead out.

But the tool isn't going there to start,it does some funny moves 1st & eventually makes it over there.Anybody got any ideas how to get it to go directly there?

Nope nuthins there,I should probly mention Im usin XCam 4 & doing 2d.Ive added an entry point before & it worked long as I had use entry point checked in my lead in/out.

You could still use the 2D highspeed toolpath and have more options of entry,...

Been a while since I've run X4 and don't recall what that toolpath selection box looked like.

If it worked for you before and is longer working, that doesn't really make sense.

Give CJep's method a shot. That might work out better for you than standard pocket.

Ive been trying different things to try & get it to work.If I change the tool to a 1/2 endmill it goes right to the start point.When I go back to my 1.288 Facemill it goes elsewhere.Any ideas on why the dia change makes a difference?

Ive been trying different things to try & get it to work.If I change the tool to a 1/2 endmill it goes right to the start point.When I go back to my 1.288 Facemill it goes elsewhere.Any ideas on why the dia change makes a difference?

Try setting up an end mill to match the profile of the face mill, it could be that the tpath won't allow you to plunge a facemill in that manner.

OK I fingered the damn thing out! All I had to do was offset my outer perimeter geometry (which I added cuz Im doing island pocketing & I needed room for the tool to go round the bosses).I offset it out .050 & she goes right where I want her to.

You guys are the only support I have these days so a big Thanx to everyone that chimed in,ya'all saved me again.

Anybody know why when people respond Im not getting pinged in my email? Last time I was.