Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

What software for Multi Tasking Turn/Mill Machines??

DrewG

Andrew--Glad to hear about the Zoller company. I too, have had nothing but great customer service from everyone associated with Zoller. I went up to their show room in Ann Arbor, MI back in May, and was treated to some wonderful demenstrations. I have met and spoken with both Christoph Zoller, and his younger brother Alec. In fact, when I was up ther Christoph took myself and my programmer out for one of THE best steak's I've ever had at a place called "The Chophouse" inside Ann Arbor.

I can't wait to start utilizing their presetter's.

quote:

But in the end, I just could not get over all the bad stories I heard. I've been told Mazak has the latest technology, and all the "bell's and whistle's" to go along with it, but I had so many shops tell me your same story concerning machines coming in, and than going right back out the door. I have three shops here in my area with nothing but major problems with their Mazak's. One guy explained it to me this way: "The newer Mazak equipment is the Japanese version of Haas".

Thus the term 'Maziak'..and why do their manuals never match mine?

Chris--what problems are you experiencing? If you don't want to post, I understand.

I don't understand this hidden "Maziac" guy. What's that about?

In all fairness to Mazak machines, I have heard great thing as well. I know several guys with Mazak turning centers that swear by them. The only negative problems I hear about pertain to their new models. It does appear they don't do enough real world testing before they put a new machine into production. I also had a major problem with their customer service once they had my deposit.

I'm also leary about the QC when a company manfactures almost every peice of metal manufacturing equipment made under the sun. In most cases just because a company is the largest, doesn't mean it produces the best quality products. It does usually mean they find the cheapest way to produce their product's, and have the ability to market their products better than their smaller competition. Just my opionion.

Well I 1000% love the VTC and QT machine from Mazak I could make these machine walk and talk. I did $750,00 dollars worth of work in one year by myself at one place with one mill and lathe. I did all of the simple and complex parts with no cam program and only Autocad LT. I hate to hear this about these machines and just wondered how it was possible ot d oall of these thing so quick and have all the bugs worked out. I was the same Way Drew they didnt get out checks on our equipment at a company I set up for 6 week after we had the machines. I was able to get alot of things the way I wanted very quick and had people there from corpate at one time wanting us to sign off and I wouldn't till I had put the Machine through it paces they were a VTC-30 and QT-250 both with PC fusion controllers.

I also agree with your statement that just because they are the biggest doesnt make them the best. Here is to hoping Mazak figures out if he is Maziac or a real user.

Crazy Millman

Millman, did you have the pleasure of dealing with Bill Citron of Corporate Mazak? I did. Only it wasn't pleasurable. It was a "tug of war" relationship.

Budgie, that NTX is one awesome machine. Talk about serious "MOJO", twin spindles, two lower turrets, and a B axis rotating, Capto C6 or KM63, upper tool spindle up top. That's a serious multi-tasking machine for the ultimate cycle times. 11 axis (5 + 4 + 2 axis), 48 turning tols/24 driven live tools, and 24-120 Capto/KM) tools. 2.500 or 2.795 bar capacity, swing capacity of 25.40, turning diameter of 17.32, and turning length of 43.31, weighing in at a hefty 46,200lbs.

Boy your going to have fun with that. I just hope you can get the right software to run it. What are your plans for software?