Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

1/4-28 tap on an Okuma lathe.

DODGERFAN

I have never done any tapping on an Okuma lathe and I need to know if my code is good before it hits the shop floor.   Anybody know if this is any good?

N6 ( TOOL - 6  OFFSET - 6)
(-1/4-28 RH TAP)
(*****)
G0 X20. Z20.
T0606
G97 S225 M03 M41
G0 X0. Z3.35 M08
Z3.06
G77 Z2.64 F38.2
G0 Z3.35
M09
G0 X20. Z20.
M05
M01

After the G77 it goes to G00 and I'm hoping its not going to rapid out. 

Thanks in advance guys.

I didn't even catch that.   That's how it posted.   Haven't done tapping ever on this machine and I'm more concerned about the retract right now.   Feed will be a really easy fix. 

cant you dry run it in air?

• Like 1

Ooops! Sorry was reading the stinky coolant and got cornfused thought you said Haas lathe. Glad you're not listening to me!!!!

Too late,   I listened to you and crashed the h3ll out of the machine.   Now redeem yourself,   go get me beer.  :harhar:

Well I'm a little far for that!! But I can send you to two places there I Guarantee will make up for it .Ok three. one is Cutters at the Santa monica Pier. They Have every beer in the world at perfect temp. Yes every beer!!!! Two is the shark club look it up you'll find it. I'm old and feeble. so can't remember the damn town. think it's La Habra. Met Tom Selleck there Tables start cheap But some go for 100$ an hour .massive tank and the cutest servers you will find definetly a guys night out.!

Three to impress the Beautiful lady of yours is Paradise cove in Malibu. it's hidden but excellent food and service as you watch the sun set on their own little pier. Funny but you have to go thru the trailer park to get there. Ok one more and this is cause I know you'll think about this one. Phillipes for a roast beast sandwich if you have never had it freakin melts in your mouth. and it is back in the fifties for service. I may have screwed up but i mean't only the best. I'm am soooo happy for you and your wife's good news. ok one more take that beautiful Lady to the Madonna. SLO 6 months advance reservation . Cave man room!! Victorian!! And the tropical room!! just remember when you are making passionate love DAVE WAS HERE!!! LOL OK ONE MORE AND DON'T TELL YOUR WIFE NICOLA'S CITY OF COMMERCE!!! YES IT'S ONE OF THOSE NOT THE TEN GOOSE BUT THE MOST INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL WOMEN. Strictly in an artistic way!!!

• Like 1