Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

test

Ken Potter

Don't even get me started on the user name thing. The one I have is a third one. Everytime I reinstalled my Windows I had to get a new username, because I didn't remeber the password. When I click on " Forget your password" and type my email, it says that it can't find that email address.

This time I changed my passwort to something I can remember insted of keeping the one that was sent to me.

This forum needs some work.There is no way to attach a file or an image , other things don't work. The Massage Icons are way too small and there is no explanation of what they stand for.

Sometimes I have a problem that would take two pages of typing to explain, where one simple image would show it all. I usally end up working around the problem because of the hassle of trying to get help on this forum.

OK, I'm done complaining. I better stop before I really upset the WebMaster.

Hey Beav700,

I know its good to vent sometimes...

I agree that attaching a picture would be a great help in explaining something, a picture is worth a 1000 words. FYI - you can attach a link to a picture, but you have to have a website that will host it for you. Its great if your company has one, but some of us don't. frown.gif

As for the message icons, they are explained on the "read this before posting" page, here is the link. http://www.emastercam.com/cgi-bin/ubbmisc.cgi? action=getannounce&ForumNumber=1&Start=2451545.99&End=2452276&Session=2451993.1138

cool.gif

[This message has been edited by Mark H (edited 03-24-2001).]

The Webmaster says

---------------------------------------------

Our ISP has pointed out that any truly anonymous FTP ends up being used as a 'Warez' site very quickly.

The procedure now would be to upload a file to ftp.emastercam.com/incoming and link to the file in your message. The file will not be downloadable until it is moved by me to another directory and the link in your message is corrected. Further, this procedure would be used sparingly so as to not upset the Webmaster.

So if you want to link to files at your own site go for it, your ISP probably gives you 5 megs of space with every email account, use it.

beav700 said

Don't even get me started on the user name thing. The one I have is a third one. Everytime I reinstalled my Windows I had to get a new username, because I didn't remeber the password. When I click on " Forget your password" and type my email, it says that it can't find that email address.

The forget your password has worked for me, are you changing your email address?

I think you've got bigger troubles than being able to post files. Three installs of Windoze in less than a year, what are you doing to that poor computer?

Beav700 wrote

"Sometimes I have a problem that would take two pages of typing to explain"

At least now you have a place to ask those question's, 24 hours a day, 7 day's a week and 365 1/4 day's a year. Where else can you get support like this from?

Beav700 wrote

"This forum needs some work...other things don't work. The Massage Icons are way too small and there is no explanation of what they stand for."

I think that in the future, we all should "ask" for other functionality that we would like to see on this forum, rather than "tell" the webmaster what he should do with the site. I understand that the webmaster has worked really hard to make this site usable for all and I, as a user, would not like to see it discontinued.

If the webmaster has time, maybe we could have a "Message Icon Legend", just like the "Smilies Legend". For those of us who can't make out the Icon's or are not sure of what they stand for.

My humble opinion...

Ambassador

As always, requests are duly noted. We tend to add what we can, when we can, within the limits of the engine we use.

--

When you forget your password, go into "profile" - "Forget your password?" and enter the case-sensitive email you originally registered with. Your info will be emailed to that account.

I have used this method to send Ken and Beav their original account info.