Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Error log

Jammer™

Click on details, you can copy the log and paste it into an editor to save it. Not sure if it does this automatically.

The data stored there is debugging information that can supposedly be used to find out why the app is crashing. Most of it will be un-readable, but will describe the process, memory address where the error occurred, and a bunch of other data.

HTEY

'Rekd

You can send this log file to Microsoft and they can tell you exactly why Windows crashed.

I am still using ver 9.0 at the shop and havent ran into these crashes while trying to crunch a toolpath. In fact, I can't remember ever doing so.

Jaws and T@[email protected] you crash on a toolpath that is using a solid in 9.1??

just curious......

one cannot be too informed biggrin.gif

Murlin

They may not but I just sepnt the last 30 minutes trying to wrtie this last toolpath on a part so I could get the hell out here at a decent time today. I am using 9.1 sp2 and I can hear you surfaces a coming did that still crashed. I found in I picked the flowline parameters for direction in a different order it did not crash just had to play with it.

Crazy Millman teh ohhhhhhhhhhhh confused.gifconfused.gif

The Microsoft server that receives all of these error logs that people send in must do some wicked parsing and routing of the data in those logs. Errors that are caused by Windows itself or a third-party app that was calling API calls might be flagged with a high priority. If a third-party app just simply crashes or causes a serious exception, I think those would get flagged with low priorty (or maybe no priority at all). Otherwise, Microsoft would have to look at the bugs of other people. And trust me, Microsoft has a hard enough time fixing their own bugs wink.gif

For example, if I compile/link a simple C++ program that tries to dereference a null pointer, I'll be prompted to send this in to Microsoft. You think they want to deal with my oversight? wink.gif

code:

void main (void)

{

// pointer to an integer and inited to NULL

int *pMyPointer = NULL;

// derefernce time

*pMyPointer = 1; // Tick. Tick. Kablammo!

}

I disable the Error Reporting Service to save a few megs of RAM wink.gif

quote:

Ok bulliness how you do that you got my intrested peaked

First, you must be logged in with administrator privilages. Then go to the Administrative Tools (found in the Control Panel), launch the Services applet. Find the service called "Error Reporting Service" and double-click it. Then click the "Stop" button to stop the service. Finally, in the "Startup type" combo box, select "Disabled" so that it won't start up again. HTH.

Ok Bulliness looks like I reading your mind or something. How did you flip our postings I wonder hummmm. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Just kidding around I appericate the tip could have maybe found ti but never hurt too ask a pro now does it and might be a helpful tip for soemoen else.

Crazy Millman

[ 10-25-2003, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: Millman^Crazy ]