Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Completely O/T...Windows Media Player

Toolfab

I have a very extensive collection of music on my computer. Not from downloading, but from taken my CD's from home and "copying" them to my hard drive. My question is, once you copy from cd, does that convert the files to MP3's or is there something else I need to do. It has not been a problem up till now that I relize I have about 10 gig of music in my folder, and should really consider crunching them if I can.

I would appreciate any help on this.

cheers.gif

Dood, i have found tht Real player installs way to much stuff and that it bogs down the computers.

There alwas tryig to get you to by stuff the full version and other stuff.

I do not find that freindly.

I also have seen it cause problems with other softwares on the same computer.

If you just want to be able to stick a CD in and rip it to MP3 forsay.

Cdex is the tool, small program no adds no hype just click one button and it rips to a dir you say.

Oh did I say fast too?

Them use like Nero Express this works with most CD burners.

Real good software I use it for all my burners including my DVD burners.

Well enough of my opionon for the day.

[ 10-25-2003, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: cadcam ]

Thanks you guys, soory about the delay in my replay, I have been out of town.

quote:

Windows Media Player rips CDs and saves it as WMA files. You could search for a WMA to MP3 converter but I wouldn't

Why not Bullines? Cuz yes, I use Windows Media Player. I am really and trully not looking to share my files on a P2P network, this is for myself and to save space on my computer.

I will try the link that is up, and thank you once again.

cheers.gif

T@T@LO suggested music match and i second that heavily! I have a library of about 30 gig and i use this program to manage the whole thing, you can download it for free and use a basic package but i reccomend buying the software. I think it was like 50 bucks and free lifetime upgrades and i have got my money out and then some. There is alot features there to use if you time to play with it. Burning and doing labels is snap

Toolfab,

All the songs I have are in mp3 format, and not to clutter up my hard drive, I bought a removable hard drive case and added a 120 gig hard drive to it. They also sell them as a package (hard drive and case). You can get them firewire or usb. Take it with you to work, home, whatever. Just plug it in and you have days of music at your disposal. Just my .02

And with nero, I can rip an entire cd to mp3 in about 1-1/2 minutes

Greg

Burned an old Napster MP3 of "Friends of Mr Cairo" onto a CD and played it in the Jeep - Sounded terrible and could hardly make out all the quiet junk at the end - I guess I should look in the discount bins at the Walmart.

Anyway - don't compress if you want to retain the quality.

quote:

WMA files are smaller than MP3's?

A WMA and MP3 file both at 96KBps...the WMA is smaller.

A 128KBps WMA and a VBR (variable bitrate) MP3...the MP3 will likely be smaller.

The difference in file sizes wouldn't be that great in either case. But MP3 does sound better than WMA, IMO.