Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

POST OR PROGRAMMER??

Incogneeto

I'm using a Mori FM-1 Mill Fanuc controls. And i would like to believe you are correct. I was actually hoping it was my fault. So much easier to fix my stupid then the machines or post.

It could be your arc settings. What machine and control are you using?

Change you control def tolerances foir arcs. Min 0.01 and Max 100

It's an MSC-521 control

What control is it? In the control def arc page set arcs to "don't break arcs" and "allow 360 deg arcs". That has fixed several problems for me in the past.

The important question is can you re-run the program with changed settings to test it?

Naw we just put the radius in the lathe . just to get the two parts out. But I'm keeping your suggestions for a retry.It Just freaked me how well backplot did and machine or post just walked away.

Ok but do you have to return the settings back after or do you just leave them that way?? P.S. Thanks

What control is it? In the control def arc page set arcs to "don't break arcs" and "allow 360 deg arcs". That has fixed several problems for me in the past.

The important question is can you re-run the program with changed settings to test it?

I  was unaware of that and I assumed backplot would give me a virtual view of the tools path but apparently not . Good to know!!

Unfortunately, verify in Mastercam will not catch problems in your machine configuration or your post.  NC code verification is the preferred method.  Or, you gamble with your parts.

Are you doing that through CIMCO??

Unfortunately, verify in Mastercam will not catch problems in your machine configuration or your post.  NC code verification is the preferred method.  Or, you gamble with your parts.

In this case CimcoEdit backplot isn't catching it either.

The gcode looks fine

And Tech support completly lost it on this one.

Hello All,

It seems we lost the track the original issue from the customer. The reposted output is different from the original NC file. The part shape in Mastercam file is different from the attached pictures.

I use CIMCO editor to backplot the customer’s NC file and cannot find the cutting through.

The control definition that you use in Vericut can be adjusted to match the capabilities of the control.  Then it would render properly, would be my guess.  I have seen no issues like you describe in any of my machines.

CGTech sent a guy in and video taped the moves and the control lines. They can't get it to match for some reason, they updated their software but it now gives a warning only.

They built the entire control and machine for us.