Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

POST OR PROGRAMMER??

Incogneeto

CGTech sent a guy in and video taped the moves and the control lines. They can't get it to match for some reason, they updated their software but it now gives a warning only.

They built the entire control and machine for us.

Hmmm.  Maybe you are one of the lucky ones.  I have found some bugs in the software, but nothing catastrophic.

Dadunbar, the machine definition and Post work together in many cases.  Unless you supply your machine def and post, it is unlikely that anyone else is going to be able to replicate the issue that you are having.

I guess I assumed when I sent the package(zip2go) it included all my libraries and definitions will have to check Thanks!!

Dadunbar, on 29 Sept 2014 - 12:05 PM, said:Dadunbar, on 29 Sept 2014 - 12:05 PM, said:

I guess I assumed when I sent the package(zip2go) it included all my libraries and definitions will have to check Thanks!!

I went back to the Z2G file and reposted with your MD and Post.  The arc settings are very small, and Vericut warned like this:

post-7736-0-57151000-1412018621_thumb.jpg

These are the lines that are destroying your part.  As suggested above, the arc settings in your MD should correct this.

It also appears that full arcs are being posted.  Maybe break at 180 degrees or quadrants, this may help on your machine.

And maybe just one more question since we are on it. Why doesn't any of this show up in backplot or verify??? I realize that is a stoopid Question.

But Damn it looked so good in both and the tool didn't even Twitch?? I'm working on updating our CIMCO seat it's V5 and no backplot. I assumed when we bought MCX7

with the maintenance we would be upgraded on CIMCO also. Anybody else deal with that?

Thanks Dave

Ok but just a Question about linearization. I realize it will create more code, But doesn't it also leave more room for control errors. Will it create issues on 3D work?

I use it everyday in a mold shop. Yes, sometimes look ahead slows things down but I havent had an issue. We make molds and we check our stuff with a Rohmer Scanner and it all checks out fine.

So in understanding this I'm not giving the control enough information for it to complete the commanded arc. I had not had a chance to really delve into the smoothing settings or arc/filter tolerance.

I think with this I am going to just try the settings and see what happens .Hard to do with onesies and twosies. But with my limited experience most of my settings were by Default. From what I was told the company had purchased MCX and it was never used for two years! And the class here at Vincennes University just gives you a cursory once over. It is a very Basic course.

Again Thanks I'm learning alot!!

The problem is more with the logic that FANUC uses.  Verify shows properly what should happen.  An arc command is active, and is shown as an arc move to the endpoint.  The control's issue is that it can't figure out how to perform the arc move, so it completes the move linearly.

Something else to try is copy and rename your post like (no arcs mori seiki) and have your dealer turn the arcs off in that new post. Use it for 3 axis stuff. I have 3 moris with that control and have the same issue with small arcs.

One MSX 501 control has a nice lookahead feature if I remember to turn it on. When cutting circle mill paths its nice to have arcs though (arc post).

• Like 1

THAT IS SOMETHING I WAS WONDERING ABOUT WHAT WOULD BE THE EFFECT ON MY OTHER OP'S. WE MAKE ELECTRIC MOTOR COVERS SO

MOST OR ALL HAVE BEARING POCKETS. THAT I NORMALLY HELIX BORE. AND FOR SOME REASON THEY ARE ALWAYS PERFECT.

Something else to try is copy and rename your post like (no arcs mori seiki) and have your dealer turn the arcs off in that new post. Use it for 3 axis stuff. I have 3 moris with that control and have the same issue with small arcs.

One MSX 501 control has a nice lookahead feature if I remember to turn it on. When cutting circle mill paths its nice to have arcs though (arc post).

THATS A GREAT IDEA THOUGH THAT I'M GOING TO PUT IN MY NEXT E-MAIL TO TECH SUPPORT.