Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Need to REDUCE machine time off wheel

mike561h

The aluminum is painted black. The width of cut is .125 by .006 deep x 9 inch diameter. just enough DOC to see shinny aluminum.   The paint can chip  Are there any end mills on the market that might help with the chipping problem like not chipping the paint. I think the run time is 4 minutes on this feature. Taking 2 minutes off would be nice. :unworthy:  Thank you

The program is running very slow IPM maybe 10  :thumbdown:

If I can reduce time I get free burrito from taco smell..

What kind of machine controller?

Anything Decent,  Program it at 300 ipm, figure out the RPM, Polished Carbide Tool, Peel mill,  stepover it  bigger  and bigger until you get the cycle time your Thirsting for.

leave stock on the walls (Experiment how much to leave to avoid Chipping the paint)

Start Big / far away.

Then Blow through both diameters (I.D. & O.D. ) Climb milling only, up off the floor by a few un noticeable Z's like .003.

As Told to me in 1988 "Use your head that's what God gave it to you for, experiment, listen, watch" !

okuma mill 32 tool changer  I did not mention its only a .125 slot,, 9 inch dia.  I'm not milling a complete round diameter

thanks for the help

So, is the 9" dia round?  if so you can just trepan it the same as you would an o-ring groove. Obviously, you would need to hand load the tool. It would be no problem with a 50 taper. With a 40 taper, you may need to lighten it up.