Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Regenerating a big file??

Brendan P

Brendan, we have the same issues sometimes. I think that my extensive use of custom tools may be the culprit for us. Do you NEED to regen all the toolpaths? I've found that I have a bad habit of saying 'Select All' and regenning when I really only needed to do a couple ops.

I know this doesn't actually answer the question, sorry

C

quote:

it takes a good 5 minutes

_

qoute:

no,it is a simple 2d geometry

i,d be ticckled if i could regen in 5 minutes usualy i let them crunch when i go home.but then again i work with 50+ meg on a regular basis eek.gif

as for only doing simple 2-d work, it could be posible that a spline is the culprit.have you tried convert to arcs?i have seen this in the pastwhen triing to just do a contour around a form it will crunch forever on something youd think would take 5 seconds.

trevor

Open GL from the help menu...

quote:

The Screen tab of the System Configuration dialog box (Main Menu, Screen, Configure, Screen) lets you enable OpenGL drawing by default. OpenGL drawing must be enabled to use surface shading. If it is not enabled and you activate surface shading, Mastercam automatically activates OpenGL drawing for as long as you have shading active and prevents you from disabling it.

OpenGL drawing may slow your screen display if you do not have an accelerated graphics card installed.

Rob

quote:

Trev...... 50+meg..

WTF..

generally that is for just one position on my pallet.i then copy and paste my program outside of mc to run on a 4 position pallet or a 2 position pallet depending on what mill its going in. sometimes it can take 1/2 hour just to get program loaded in the control.right now i'm working on some trodes 9" x 11.5" should keep the spindle running all weekend with me stopping in breifly saturday to change out pallets. biggrin.gif

lots of ribs finishing with 2.0mm and 1.5mm tools 1.5" deep got to love the guys at tesco

trevor

[ 10-30-2003, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: TREV ]

Good Evenin'

I had the same prob...try using V9.0

The geom will regen 5-10 times faster

I asked the guys @ CNC... They

said they changed something in the

color pallet in 9.1

I had 10000 2D arcs and lines

and as i created toolpaths the regen

slowed even more...I accidently opened

the same file in V9.0 and every thing

sped up

Try it, if you still have 9.0 around

HTH

Tony G

Almost Employed Senior Programmer

N.E Massachusetts - Southern New Hampshire

End mills and tooling are like The "AMMO"

And coolant and chips are like the enemy

Under your boots as you advance in the

Manufacturing Battle

--------------------------------------------------

quote:

Buckethead,

If you have generated your operation could you not just lock that operation to keep it from regenerating. Highlight the operation, right click and lock. Just wondering.

To be honest with you,it's not really me,I asked the question for my co-partner in our dept.

He asked me if I could post the question for him,seeing that he is too chicken to join here. biggrin.gif

I have No Idea why he has to "regenerate" his paths over and over. rolleyes.gif

To me,once you like a toolpath,move on to the next one.....