Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Workspace File

BenK

I just lost my entire workspace file some how. Just opened up a session of Mastercam and everything was gone. Talk about frustrating. I got it back close to what it was but I know it isn't exactly the same. Has anyone else had the workspace file just wipe itself out like this?

BenK,

Are you sure you selected you workspace as the default? Also, you might have accidently made changes to some other workspace thinking it was yours and then when you restarted mastercam it went back to the default. I did that a couple times.

I have been using the same workspace file for some time. I renamed it with my name so I know it was the correct one. I don't know what happened but I wasn't doing anything with the customization when it happened. I opened a new session and it was all messed up. It even lost my keymaping and right click menu which is what makes the most frustrating. From now on I will not only have a backup but I will have screen shots of everything just in case it happens again.  

The destruction of the workspace file happens very often . I myself encountered it twice and just today a customer next door phoned that yesterday everything was ok and now all the icons are missing. The file was 206k and this morning it was only 26 k .... Make a backup of the whole Config directory is the only practical soöution.