Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

PRODUCTIVITY+ AND MASTERCAMX8

steel

I'm having problems getting productivity+ add on to Mastercamx8 up and running on my Haas machines fitted with Renishaw probes. The software comes with a machine definition and post processor formatted for generic 4 axis Haas, but each time I post out to the machines I get a " #3000=114(REN25.INCORRECT*CALIBRATION*DATA)" alarm. Is anyone familiar with this problem that can help.

I have tried running this on two different machines fitted with two different probes only changing the probe on/off sequence and got the same results. 

When we run into that error, it is because the Productivity+ program was programmed using a different stylus that what the machine is calibrated for.

So, if I had a machine that has a 6mm probe stylus in it, and try to dump in and run a program that was made for a 2mm stylus, that's the alarm we get. Make sure your stylus' are the same (specifically, the ruby diameter.)

Are you new to using Productivity+ ?

It looks like you must first run a calibration cycle of your probe thru mastercam Productivity+ so it is stored on your machine in the proper places (even if your probe is already calibrated with the machines own macros), then it cycles thru properly.

Cathedral, this is my first attempt at using this software.The probe I was using and the probe in productivity+ were the same.

Yeah, the Prod+ has it's own special macros that you have to load and use. You have to write a calibration program using Prod+ and run that in the machine and it will store the calibration data in the common variables. The "Inspection" macros that you can modify at the machine don't work with Prod+. Thankfully, the calibration process is pretty easy.

We use a lot of different stylus sizes, so I made up standard calibration programs for each size. Whenever we need to switch out a stylus, we just load up the relevant calibration program and run it using a standard procedure. It takes no more than five minutes usually.

Did you create a point at the location on top of the ring guage where you wish to touch with the probe?

In the Calibration cyle, you select your "Artefact" type, and the exact location (measured with guage blocks, or pins to find the exact known height of the top surface of the guage) of the center.

If you go down the list of options in the Tree, at the bottom is the "Length Calibration" option. You can use the Elipsis button (three dots) to pick the location point where you want to probe to set the stylus length.

In the pictures, you'll see the centerpoint where I'm probing is a work coordinate zero location in XY. Then in the Length Calibration field, you can see I'm probing at -1.25 in X, so that I can hit the surface on the gauge.

Hope that helps,

Colin

post-14313-0-39185700-1421878835_thumb.png

post-14313-0-72816600-1421878844_thumb.png

• Like 1

I'm glad you got it running.

Just to add to your previous question: we have a TS27R tool touch off probe, and I calibrate the spindle probe using that. I prefer to do it that way so I know my probe was measured the same way my tools are measured. When we calibrate the probe, we just do "radius + offsets".