Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

solid error upon file get

kkominiarek

I have a solid model and a .DOC file explaining what I am trying to do.

These are links to both files on the ftp site

delkm01.doc delkm01.mc9

Here is my problem/question.

I create a solid operation to fillet the two edges I show in the .doc file....at this point all is well...fillets look good and solid manager looks good.

I save the file, then file-get said file....when the file is loading it comes back with errorr's and the fillets I just created are gone.

Does anyone know why this is?

Well dont feel bad it did the same thing to me 5 times in a row. Now here is the really crazy part of this. BTW send this to qc at mastercam they need to see this one very very serious about this. I can create a surface from that soild and save the file and reload it and everything is great as a surface. I can not get the soild to save my life a crazy thing. I know this is not a fix but possbile a way to get where you want to make what you are looking for.

Crazy Millman

It's good to know that I am not going crazy. smile.gif

I'm not sure about saving as a parasolid. Having no history tree might cause more problems down the road in the model.

I will try....create fillets on solid....create surfaces from fillets on solid etc..etc..

Thanks for the help all.

I should of noted that I have spoken to my rep and he has contacted CNC Software about this problem.

If I can get more time later ,I want to try and rebulid it a little diffrent and see if that make a diffrence.

I was able to get on side to stay but other side would not take.

If I can find some time and do what I am thinking and of courde if it works I will pass this along.