Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Transform Rotate Absolute Subprograms

jvarney

I'm using the mpmaster post on a VMC with 4th axis to program simple slots at 30 increments around a part.  Is there any easier way to post out absolute subprograms?  Currently, I'm posting it with incremental subprograms so the main program is correct then posting it with absolute so I can cut and paste the first absolute subprogram.  Otherwise, I just have 12 of the same subprograms with different numbers.  We do this daily and it's alot of time spent doing these little edits.

Are you rotating using tool plane? Or coordinate?

Is there some reason other than not liking incremental that you would make it absolute?

When I do mine I use tool plane to spit out the rotation of the A axis, then make it an incremental sub,  then I get rotation of the A axis in the main program and one incremental sub that is called for each tiem the A Axis indexes.

Yeah, I am not sure exactly why it doesn't handle absolute the same as incremental in this particular circumstance, it seems like it should, but then again I am guessing there is probably some other situation that would break if this one behaved that way.

Anyhow sometimes its easier to work with it the way it is than to fight with the post to try and make it write code like you would by hand. That's why I just gave in a long time ago and went with incremental sub programs.

Perhaps I expect too much from people.. but considering the mpmaster post outputs a G90 move to location at each toolchange I cant see how they could botch it, I mean even if you had to make it jump to one particular slot in the middle of the transform operation, you would still have to run the toolchange to get your initial position and your tool offset.

As for proving out programs, I cant really argue that.. absolute numbers are nicer to know what is going on.. no doubt. . but hey.. that's why you make sure everything looks good in verify before it ever goes to the machine.

Then again the machine's I am currently running are so operator unfriendly and with the coolant you cant see a damned thing inside once the coolant is on.. so it better be right anyhow or absolute vs incremental will be the least of my worries.

Perhaps I expect too much from people.. but considering the mpmaster post outputs a G90 move to location at each toolchange I cant see how they could botch it, I mean even if you had to make it jump to one particular slot in the middle of the transform operation, you would still have to run the toolchange to get your initial position and your tool offset.

As for proving out programs, I cant really argue that.. absolute numbers are nicer to know what is going on.. no doubt. . but hey.. that's why you make sure everything looks good in verify before it ever goes to the machine.

Then again the machine's I am currently running are so operator unfriendly and with the coolant you cant see a damned thing inside once the coolant is on.. so it better be right anyhow or absolute vs incremental will be the least of my worries.

I've only had one issue with an operator messing something up with incremental subs, he wiped out a large Lang chip fan, luckily he stopped it before the spindle or tool holder hit anything. I have had a couple operators have a couple close calls though.

I'd rather just have absolute subs. That way the program code looks just like your position and distance to go values when you are proving things out, and there is no real risk of people not restarting programs incorrectly while in incremental mode.

It's just one more thing for new operators to struggle with.