Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Desktop HSM feeds and speeds

Müřlıń®

If you dont care about manufacturer numbers and go by experience or seat of your pants, then why do you even need to calculate chip thinning at all?

Not trying to to pick, just trying to understand what people need in real life.

I just downloaded and tried your HSM advisor and must say its very nice. I checked many of your base values for SFM and IPT and found them to be very close the values in the machinerys handbook therefore I'm satisified with your research and am comfortable that they were't just pull out of someones A**.

You also provide a very nice override box in which I can just put in any SFM and IPT value and your calculator will calculate chipthinning from my inputted values. All i all very well done and the best of both worlds.

Only question is if i purchase the permanent license with 1 year updates and decide to update a couple of years later, how much would that update cost.

I can't find that info on the site.

I just downloaded and tried your HSM advisor and must say its very nice. I checked many of your base values for SFM and IPT and found them to be very close the values in the machinerys handbook therefore I'm satisified with your research and am comfortable that they were't just pull out of someones A**.

You also provide a very nice override box in which I can just put in any SFM and IPT value and your calculator will calculate chipthinning from my inputted values. All i all very well done and the best of both worlds.

Only question is if i purchase the permanent license with 1 year updates and decide to update a couple of years later, how much would that update cost.

I can't find that info on the site.

It actually is more than one year. Basically you get updates for AT LEAST one year PLUS whatever time it gets to reach a full new version.

IE if you buy version 1.143 now you get updates for at least a year and if by the time your maintainence is due you we already went to version 2+, you will get updates until version 3.0 comes out, othervise your last available update will be 1.999

This is done to make sure users with expired maintainence get the most stable version they can. So nobody gets stuck with an in-between update.

If you wish to receive updates after your maintainence expires, you will have to pay 50% of the license cost at that moment - Sorry i did not make that point clear on my web site (Will be fixed).

I'm trying. Is there anyway I can just turn off all the recommended/override bullsh1t and just use the calculation part?

Just like i said. Without the "recommended bullxxxx" part there is nothing to calculate.

But you still can enter Manufacturer Recommended Speeds and Feeds and use them as a starting point.

This way it acts like your normal chip thinning/hsm calc.

So how do I go about entering the SFM? Just pick and choose a material until I get the sfm I want?

I just want to enter SFM, tool diameter, # of cutting edges, chip load per cutting edge, and either engagement angle or radial engagement.

When I try to do this in fswizard, the sfm is dictated by my material selection, and my chip load is calculation based off of my axial and radial engagement, when all I need or want is it to calculate off of my radial engagement values.

post-40824-0-59270800-1424842507_thumb.jpg

So how do I go about entering the SFM? Just pick and choose a material until I get the sfm I want?

I just want to enter SFM, tool diameter, # of cutting edges, chip load per cutting edge, and either engagement angle or radial engagement.

When I try to do this in fswizard, the sfm is dictated by my material selection, and my chip load is calculation based off of my axial and radial engagement, when all I need or want is it to calculate off of my radial engagement values.

attachicon.gifsandvik calculator.JPG

No you can't do this in FSWizard. Only on the desktop calc.

• 2 weeks later...

Sticky,

Machinist Helper in the android market is what you want.

I have downloaded but have not tried the desktop hsmadvisor yet. I do use fswizard on my phone from time to time.

I wish I could get the Machinist Helper app as a desktop app.

At the moment I have an excel sheet I made with all of my usual calculations.