Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

OT: Dell Precision Optimizer

Brian B 74

My company just recently purchased a Dell Precision T5810 workstation for me.  It came with the Dell Precision Optimizer software.   Does anyone have any experience with this software?  It is supposed to help optimize the hardware for different CAD packages.  I see that it has NX and Solidworks settings, but nothing for any CAM software.  I am curious if I should keep it or ditch it.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

I will say I have zero experience with this particular software......however, previous experience with anything written for Dell or by Dell, I generally place very little stock in....

Let us know how you think it works for you

Dell Precision Performance Optimizer is a program developed by Dell. The most used version is 01.07.00, with over 98% of all installations currently using this version. Upon installation and setup, it defines an auto-start registry entry which makes this program run on each Windows boot for all user logins. It adds a background controller service that is set to automatically run. Delaying the start of this service is possible through the service manager. A scheduled task is added to Windows Task Scheduler in order to launch the program at various scheduled times (the schedule varies depending on the version). A vast majority of those who have this installed end up removing it just after a couple weeks. The software installer includes 20 files and is usually about 35.4 MB (37,121,774 bytes). In comparison to the total number of users, most PCs are running the OS Windows 7 (SP1) as well as Windows 8. While about 79% of users of Dell Precision Performance Optimizer come from the United States, it is also popular in India and United Kingdom. - Read more at http://www.shouldiremoveit.com/Dell-Precision-Performance-Optimizer-85440-program.aspx

from here:  http://www.shouldiremoveit.com/Dell-Precision-Performance-Optimizer-85440-program.aspx