Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

FROM G17 TO G18

mc_91

Well if you swith from G17 to G18 there is alot of thing to consdier hear. I can think of three easy ways to change this but if all calucation are figured from the top plane then you will get soem crazy thing if trying to this like in a side plane. I think the 2 above have pointed you in the right direction but without an expalme kinda shooting in the dark here.

Crazy Millman lightmov.gif

Yes, Yes , Yes

The guys above are correct.Rotate yours parts 90 degrees, this way is more easy, i time that each plan is rotated this angle.

Top View (The the signals O , _ and I it is Arc view of Top): tongue.gif

G17 --- O

G18 --- -

G19 --- I

Good Luck. cheers.gif

Piu

FROM G17 TO G18

Thanks all of you guys,but i want to clarify myself a little better.

All parts are defined in top view and the output of the mpfan.pst outputs coordinates in x,y and the z axis is the depth this is the G17 plane.

Now i must transform this existing toolpaths so the output will be as x,z and the y axis is the depth as in G18 plane. I'm trying to change the parameters in the mpfan.pst to do this without defining everything all over again.

I'll appreciate any suggestions.

thanks everybody.

Gilsu

I do not know about the chook cadcam is recommending. but to draw on the sides of the part and do machining, you must set the Z construction plane location on the secondary menu. Example if you have a square 6*6*1 inch thick, and you want to machine a circle .5dia on the back of the part your Z setting will be 12. Then your top of stock will be 12, and you can set clearance and depths incremental from that point. So you need to set the cplane the tplane then the z value in that order.

regards

George