Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Multiaxis linking

JMahon

I just realized it changed my peck value from .010" to 300.00"

It drills a few holes at q.01 then all the sudden it's q300.

It only seems to be doing this on drilling cycles so far. Maybe something to do with G5P2 confusing the post?

I just realized it changed my peck value from .010" to 300.00"

It drills a few holes at q.01 then all the sudden it's q300.

It only seems to be doing this on drilling cycles so far. Maybe something to do with G5P2 confusing the post?

You don't need to be using look-ahead while drilling.

JMahon - When I run into stuff like this, I always swap out to a generic post to see what output I get, at least then I know which department to send my queries to :)    If you are finding something, feel free to send an email into [email protected] and put "attention Aaron" somewhere in it.  Thanks for taking it for a test drive and let me know how you like it.

Craig- Glad to hear it's working well for you!

Thanks gents!

Hey Aaron,

Are there plans to, allow you to use multiaxis link to be used with a tool-path that is transformed, instead of creating the same tool-path on different tool planes.

Example: If you do a facing operation that is transformed a tombstone fixture with 4 duplicated loading's. 

Hey Aaron,

Are there plans to, allow you to use multiaxis link to be used with a tool-path that is transformed, instead of creating the same tool-path on different tool planes.

Example: If you do a facing operation that is transformed a tombstone fixture with 4 duplicated loading's. 

Craig,

Yes, it would be nice.  There's a few holdups to it, the main one is that Multiaxis Link doesn't dig through the individual toolpaths, it only inserts a link at the start & end of an op.  A Transform op is one big toolpath, so it's not quite as easy as you would think to "hijack" some of the linking moves internally.  Since these required some changes to the Transformed ops, we held off on this release while we made sure the rest of it was solid.

Cheers,