Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X9: Mastercam for Solidworks

Brian B 74

I received a newsletter from my reseller last week saying that with the new X9 release all Level 3 licenses will now include a Mastercam for Solidworks license.   :thumbsup:

I have read that X+ is not compatible with MC4SW.  What are people using for setup sheets?  Active Reports?  .SET files?

This is what I received from our reseller:

• Solids Add-On package will also no longer be sold separately, this will be automatically included with Design, Lathe, Wire, Mill and Router and Entry products at no additional charge. For those of you without Solids currently this allows you to create solids right in Mastercam and modify Solid models that you get from other CAD systems. This also includes the translating (Xform command in Mastercam) to orient the models in the system as you desire.
  • Mill products will now be sold only as "Mill" and "Mill 3D" Replacing the Mill 1,2,3 Levels. This means that all previous Mill 1 customers will be getting Mill Level 2 functionality, which includes limited 3D Surface machining with no upgrade fees required. If you'd like more information on what 3D capability you will now have, please contact us. Mill 3D has received many new toolpaths and improvements over the past few releases. Please contact us as well for info on how these new toolpaths can improve your current process.
  • Mastercam for Solidworks is now available to all Mill and Lathe Customers. If you have seats of Solidworks, this allows you to run the CAM portion of Mastercam right inside of Solidworks. MC4SW Requires Solidworks 2013 or newer 64bit license.

All Entry level customers will now be getting the 3D Verify Option instead of just backplot.

I'm just curious what people are using for tool and operation setup sheets.

Any one know when x9 will be released?

Hard to say.. if I had to guess I'd say late May , early June

If you don't want to wait, the current beta is rock solid.. give it a try

though I think we'll se a PC (production canidate)  pretty soon